We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Arrowchat resources and usage - ArrowChat | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Oct 31 '11
Hi,

Does Arrowchat work from a seperate server to the oxwall installed site?  I just got slapped by my host because instant chat was using up too many sql queries.  This, if it works to a 3rd party chat server would be a great addition.

Does it pull the arrowchat displayed name from the username of the oxwall site or does a user need to register with arrowchat?

Another question, the price, is this $39 or $39/yr
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Oct 31 '11
Hi Michael,

No, ArrowChat must be installed on the same server as your Oxwall site.  It is very efficient and we're about to release an update that is even more efficient.  I've seen very, very few people complain that ArrowChat dramatically slowed down their site.

Everything is already integrated with Oxwall (avatar, username, profile link, etc); no need for separate registration.

Lastly, the price is just a one time fee.
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 1 '11
I would love to have a play with this.  My host is a bit weird about resource loading. Current oxwall IM causes my host to sweat with the load making me consider moving to a local solution.   Thanks for the info.  I am going to consider this addition.   Looks worth it.
Wan
Wan Nov 1 '11
hello. i think, this script is better for my site. can i know about the licence?

one licence for 1 website or unlimited website?
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 1 '11
Quote from Wan hello. i think, this script is better for my site. can i know about the licence?

one licence for 1 website or unlimited website?

Each license is for one installation of ArrowChat.  You can have one copy for parked domains or sites with linked databases as well.
Pavn
Pavn Nov 10 '11
I have bought the plugin & it is working fine however there is increased CPU usage so beware......

Also the plugin does not include membership to the maon site so you cannot access the forum / store etc.

Also support via ticket is very slow. My ticket is open for last 12 hours without any reply.

@arrowsuites if you are looking in this forum pl try to reply to ticket little early

Update: @arrowsuites Now more than 24 hours have passed & still no reply from anybody . This is bad ....
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 15 '11
Quote from Slash ArrowSuits Have high prices, worst suport ever seen , no demo version to try it on our websites.  Come On, this is sereous? :D . Guys , buy a book about good marketing :)

I think you've made it clear that you won't be buying ArrowChat.  I don't know what else you're trying to ask as I've answered all your questions already.
Pavn
Pavn Nov 15 '11
i am using this & it is working fine however however other issues like site membership & support needs to be solved resolved if they have to make it a bigger success
Mark
Mark Nov 16 '11
did u receive my private message about the broken avatars?

other than the increased bandwidth usage (using about 500mb a day for around 250 visits) it works well

not recommended for those on cheap/free hosting!
Odlanyer
Odlanyer Aug 7 '12
i installed the branded free arrowchat plugin and its working fine except that theres no avatar showing. only the default blue and white silhuette of a man is showing. any idea how to show the correct oxwall avatar in arrowchat?
Bella
Bella Apr 12 '17

I have bought this ArrowChat it is working very fine and it is nice chat however there is very increased CPU usage when you have more then 20 users on chat. So beware before you buy this chat, if you have more users on your site you can not use this chat plugin. I have 200 users on site and after two weeks of testing we found and also ArrowChat support admit that it is impossible to use ArrowChat with so many users (more than 100) even on good dedicated server !!!!!!!!! 

And also they do not want to return me the money....

You do not have permission to reply this topic