We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.26 uploading multiple photos | Forum

vap
vap Oct 31 '11
when I upload photos, it will start the process, and hang at the end. I have left it for a couple hours and it's not moving.

Attachments:
  Screenshot.png (254.48Kb)
Den Team
Den Oct 31 '11
LOL, as I see you try to upload 102 photos for one time :) You really need to increase your max_execution_time in php.ini file for 60 or 90 seconds. 
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 1 '11
well done getting to 98
vap
vap Nov 1 '11
haha thanks. where is php.ini?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 1 '11
max_execution_time
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
If you have a dedicated server, you can typically found it in /usr/lib/php.ini in other way, you may ask your hoster to change it for you.
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 3 '11
If you even are allowed if  you are on shared most do not allow custom php.ini but as Addenster said ask your host.
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 6 '11

If you get a couple of users uploading a handful of 2M images (x 100) and you are on a shared hosting your provider will be quickly turning you off if it happens frequently.

vap
vap Nov 13 '11
okay I wanted to add that even if I just upload 1 or 2 pictures, it still does not go thru. I just tried to upload 5 and it gets to the completed screen but does not move from there

The Forum post is edited by vap Nov 13 '11
Attachments:
  pic.JPG (36.39Kb)
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 14 '11
Hi,

What is the size of each photo you're trying to upload? If images are too large, that could cause the upload form freezing.
vap
vap Nov 14 '11
I just tried to upload a <200 PNG file and it still stopped at complete
Ahh, also, I forgot to say. It only happenes on advance upload. If I do the regular one it's fine.
The Forum post is edited by vap Nov 14 '11
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 15 '11
PM me your website access details. I will check into the issue.