We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

add pic in news feed error help needed pls | Forum

savvas
savvas Nov 1 '11
Hello i have an issue with the add picture in news feed  it looks like a bug, how can i fix it pls
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 1 '11
You need to seriously be more specific or you are never going to get any answers if your threads we are not mind readers.

Describe how you run into this issue, provide screen shots. 

SPECIFIC DETAILS PLEASE

YOU NEED TO BE SPECIFIC PEOPLE.
Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
Agreed with Keelan. 
savvas, please, give us more details.
savvas
savvas Nov 3 '11

sorry if it was not clear , i wrote it in life speech , so basicaly in the newsfeed when you click on the ad pic this comes up.

Thanks

Attachments:
  pic eror.doc (173.5Kb)
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 4 '11
Is it the correct path to the mp3?
savvas
savvas Nov 4 '11

Sorry keelan you have lost me what mp3 mate , if you dont mind you can go to my site www.batiha.com and try to ad apic from the news feed there you will understand , and thats not an order just am not as clued as you and dont know how to explain otherwise.

Thanks

Sav

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 4 '11
Sorry my bad, not sure how that happened i must of got confused between threads.

I suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the newsfeed plugin again.
savvas
savvas Nov 5 '11
Thanks , if i do that will i lose all the feeds / of the members
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 5 '11
Yes and keep these posts in the same topic.
savvas
savvas Nov 5 '11
mm thats a problem so you are saying that if i do that eveything written by my members on there walls will be delleted if yes thats very bad , are you sure cos that dont sound like a good solution , no disrespect but not very pro cos if i do that i might lose members.x
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 5 '11
Backup your database.
savvas
savvas Nov 5 '11

Am very dissapointed mate cos iwas given a solution with a big penalty to pay but decided to take the gamble and dellete the history of the news feed to fix the problem i have the result is that i did what you told me , i lost all my detail in the newsfeed as you said but i have the SAME PROBLEM abit cheezed up to be honnest cos i also got alot of stick aswell , so if you can be kind enough to tell me what i do now .

Thanks

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 6 '11
Well what happened? You have obviously not got a test site all experienced web developers have a site where they test everything before they even public allow it to be used. You should try it, this is a forum to help you and people try to give you advice if you take it that is up to you. 

Best thing to do is see if you can replicate this, do a fresh install on a sub folder and install the news feed and see if you can add a picture if you cannot then more than likely it will be an environment issue.
savvas
savvas Nov 7 '11

Hi, i did what you said and appreciate your help wether its succesfull or not , on the testsite i did it works fine , what do you mean by enviroment issue and what do you recommend i do now.x

Thanks

Savvas

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 7 '11
So its not an environment issue its an issue with the plugin install or/and plugin db by the sounds of it.

/ow_includes/config.php
try putting debug mode true then hit that add picture button see if you get any errors.
savvas
savvas Nov 7 '11
If you dont mind how to i do that how do i get there please
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 7 '11
Quote from Keelan /ow_includes/config.php try putting debug mode true then hit that add picture button see if you get any errors.

Edit the file config.php in /ow_includes/ at the bottom there is a debug mode that will be set to false change it to true.
savvas
savvas Nov 8 '11

THANKS KEELAN FOR STANDING BY ME ON THIS ISSUE,.X

I done that through hostupon and steel the same problem mate what do you advice to do next ?

Thanks

Sav

savvas
savvas Nov 8 '11

still that is not steel sorry for the spelling.x

Den Team
Den Nov 9 '11
This error appeared constantly? What is your site URL and what site URL is set in ow_includes/config.php file?
Pages: 1 2 »