We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Need Help? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jeo
jeo Nov 1 '11
I had problems with my site so i deleted it completely but iv got a back up of my site, how can i get my site how it was but on to my new oxwall script? I be very happy if anyone can help out :D
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 1 '11
How did you take a backup? Using the data exporter plugin in the Oxwall Store or via host?

Via Exporter Plugin
Install Oxwall, install plugins and the data importer plugin then use the data importer plugin to upload your backup generated by the data exporter.

Via Host
If you did a full site backup via your host / control panel or something similar then this is a little different.

Id install Oxwall and all plugins you want to use then, if you created a custom theme then copy that over. Then take the sql of your database and insert into the new database.
jeo
jeo Nov 1 '11
I backup it from the data exporter, installed it, uploaded just the importer plugin & tryed uploading the backup file but nothing happens! Can you help me thanks :)
jeo
jeo Nov 1 '11
Or if you be kind to login to my site if i give you my login details frew pm and attach the backup file and could you do it for me cause iv had loads of problems so i end up doing it rong :(?
jeo
jeo Nov 1 '11
get back?