We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newsfeed works perfect, but..doesnt resize images? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
GH
GH Nov 2 '11
I was under the impression that the news feeed would resize large uploads.. like the photo album would.. is it a bug or has never been a feature?
Max
Max Nov 2 '11
Yes it has to resize large images. Try to upload an image with 1000px width..
GH
GH Nov 2 '11
when Im uploading, they seem to stay large

Den Team
Den Nov 3 '11
Would you attache a screenshot and your site URL?
GH
GH Nov 3 '11
It doesnt seem to work.. I uploaded a pic, 1.5 in size..

posted it, still the same size..

Also realized that you cant double click on the image to see it.. you have to single click.. I think you should be able to do either.. That was confusing to me.

my site is http://charityanywherefoundation.org/groups/19

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 3 '11
Submit a screenshot of this addenster asked, to this site so he can see what you mean.
GH
GH Nov 3 '11
you can look at the test i just posted.. its the top entry

The Forum post is edited by GH Nov 3 '11
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 3 '11
Can replicate.

Simply upload a picture to newsfeed, it will re size it when post occurs but in the light box feature it is not re sized. possible that its suppose to do that to show the original image but the size is too big should still re size, possible feature request.
The Forum post is edited by Keelan Nov 3 '11
Max
Max Nov 3 '11
Ok I understand now.
It's not a bug of your site GH, simply your picture is too big
GH
GH Nov 3 '11
Right.. i would think it should resize..

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 3 '11
Well its trying to show the original image but yes you are right really the options available in the photo settings should also be available in the newsfeed settings.

http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-suggest-ideas 
GH
GH Nov 3 '11
I agree.. but i really look at it as a bug.. because if I let others use the newsfeed, they will be uploading 4 meg photos, and can kill the site..

Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 3 '11
Its not a bug though its a feature. A bug is something that causes an issue, this is doing exactly as it is coded to do.
GH
GH Nov 3 '11
so, you are saying that it was designed to accept large images? if so, why?
maybe Im missing something. why would you want a large image for a thumbnail?

The Forum post is edited by GH Nov 3 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 4 '11
GH, Limit the filesize and physical size of the pic in the photo plugin.  Keep the images limited to a max of 1024pix then you can guarantee they fit on the screen.  Also keeps the site from growing in size too much and speeds up the browsing experience instead of trying to view and process 4M files.
Den Team
Den Nov 4 '11
I added this to our discussion list. We will check what can be done with it. Thank you for report :)
GH
GH Nov 4 '11
Michael,
photo plugin works fine.. its when you try to put an image into the newsfeed.. It doesnt resize it..