We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bugs report - Newsfeed Trends Twitter style | Forum

Francis
Francis Sep 8 '14
With the last version, today, i have a bug when i want update plugin in my database.

I click on the Update button, and after the page appear again ???

Kostia
Kostia Sep 9 '14
my website crashed. cant update plugin database too
Jimmy
Jimmy Sep 9 '14
Helo
my website crashed. cant update plugin database too

Thanks
Jimmy
The Forum post is edited by Jimmy Sep 9 '14
Francis
Francis Sep 9 '14
i have try with a manual update in database (phpMyadmin).

After update the new plugin, you need go to change on table ow_base_plugin in Newsfeed Trends Twitter style

And change build in: 10017

and update in: 0

The Forum post is edited by Francis Sep 9 '14
Kenneth
Kenneth Sep 9 '14

Quote from Francis i have try with a manual update in database (phpMyadmin).

After update the new plugin, you need go to change on table ow_base_plugin in Newsfeed Trends Twitter style

And change build in: 10017

and update in: 0

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/25055

Before getting the site back up I suggest you look at what you have downloaded. Look at the link they are using as a demo. I feel they have been "Compromised" by a hacker. Why would they use a sex and drugs page as a demo?
Francis
Francis Sep 9 '14
it s strange ???

Because on my website after upload the last version (Yesterday), and after update my database in manual all is ok ... and i have not bug ?

Exemple: http://www.lybsoo.fr

Francis
Francis Sep 9 '14
I had try to uninstall this plug-in, and it s successful uninstall 

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 9 '14
Our demo site has some links to other adult sites in our network. No virus. Update is in the store. Sorry guys. 
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Sep 9 '14
Hey everyone!
Until the update comes out, if you FTP in an older version, it overwrites wherever the bad files are and starts working again. You have to use FTP tho to overwrite all the new files with old files. DOES NOT WORK to delete the new plugin and then put in the old plugin. Site remains unusable if you do that. MUST OVERWRITE.
Jimmy
Jimmy Sep 11 '14
hello I still have problems with this plugin when you click on see you come to another page See screenshot

PLease help Me 

Thanks Jimmy

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 11 '14

ok, that see more thing is oxwall bug

they truncate comment in a very silly way, without checking anything

so as result truncated comment could be truncated in the middle of a link tag which depending on browser then can produce all sorts of weird things

and this function is implemented as smarty modifier, so it is very deep level which cannot be overtaken

the only way to fix it is to fix that function to make it smarter

I guess this must be reported to oxwall...

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla Sep 12 '14
newsfeedtrends+email_notifications_section_label is not defined in the language

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Sep 12 '14
Updated* Should be Live in a few mins
Shaun
Shaun Sep 13 '14
just tried updating and am getting the same problem as listed above.

error codes that get listed when updating the DB are listed below.

OW Debug - Warning Message: mkdir(): File exists File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 810

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/import/newsfeedtrends/language_en/newsfeedtrends.xml:28: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: value line 15 and prefix File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): </prefix> File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): ^ File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/import/newsfeedtrends/language_en/newsfeedtrends.xml:29: parser error : Premature end of data in tag key line 15 File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): ^ File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/admin/languages/import/newsfeedtrends/language_en/newsfeedtrends.xml:29: parser error : Premature end of data in tag prefix line 2 File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

OW Debug - Warning Message: simplexml_load_file(): File: /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php Line: 856

Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /home/lockedfo/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php on line 858

Shaun
Shaun Sep 13 '14
restoring a backup until it can be updated.
You do not have permission to reply this topic