We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group items not showing, but still in the DB | Forum

Harry
Harry Sep 10 '14
Recently I've noticed that several postings from a group are no longer displaying in the group newsfeed. I did backtrack one of the items and found it in the ow_newsfeed_action table but not in some of the other newsfeed tables.  I'd love to know which tables the items need to be in to make a full relationship so that they show up ( ie how to make the db query pull the complete results).  Spent a few hours trying to match things up and I am completely lost.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ross Team
ross Sep 10 '14
What do you mean no longer displaying? Do they disappear after refreshing of the group page? What kind of posting? text, video, photo link or photo upload?
Harry
Harry Sep 10 '14
They are just not there at all - were there a few days ago and a member pointed out to me that they are now gone.  Mostly comments - text and a photo upload or two.  Refreshing doesn't help either.
ross Team
ross Sep 10 '14
Are you sure the original poster have not deleted them?
Harry
Harry Sep 10 '14
I have checked with them and no they haven't.  (But there is still confusion and annoyance on their part that deleting items from the dashboard or main newsfeed deletes items from the group itself, too.).  Is there some way I can restore the missing table records to retrieve these?
ross Team
ross Sep 10 '14
If they are not in the database, the only way is to restore the database. 
Harry
Harry Sep 10 '14
They are just in the ow_newsfeed_action and not in the other tables that refer to the actionId.  Seems like it would not work to insert records into the other tables?
Harry
Harry Sep 14 '14
Ross,

Continued - a member likes an item, or comments on it and then it shows up on their profile wall / newsfeed.  They then might delete the post from their profile newsfeed ( that they liked the original post or maybe that they commented on it ).  Deleting it from their profile newsfeed has also deleted every trace of the original item itself - from its group, or other member's wall, as well as other comments and likes related to that post.  This is quite a serious issue and I cant imagine that nobody else has mentioned it.

ross Team
ross Sep 14 '14
This already been reported. Do the search before posting, will be fixed in the upcoming releases. 
Harry
Harry Sep 14 '14
Yes i did the search but didnt find the exact issue.  Whats the interim solution though?  To hide the delete post? 

Thanks Ross

Kadence
Kadence Apr 21 '22
In case you didn't know, each player in UNO Online is dealt seven cards, and the first player to get rid of them all before the other players do win the round. These cards come in four different colors and have numbers ranging from 1 to 9.