We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Groups Privacies [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Mashoor Classified
Mashoor Classified Sep 14 '14
Hello, 

I want to know about group privacy. I am using oxwall for paid professional membership purpose. 

My requirements:

1. When guest see the website i want only 20 members has to be appeared only in main as well as members section.

2. When guest go to groups section i want only 20 random selected people appears in 5-6 groups. 

3. Group member can not see other groups members. He can only see the group and when he clicks join he will be redirected to other page.

4. I want to remove online and most popular buttons in my oxwall. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 15 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 15 '14
1. This is a custom code modification

2. Also custom code modification

3. Also a modification

4. As to this one:  I want to remove online and most popular buttons in my oxwall. Please specify? online members and most popular groups?

Mashoor Classified
Mashoor Classified Sep 15 '14
Thanks for the reply ross.

for the number 4: I want to remove the online, latest and most popular tabs in my members and groups section. 

Ross what custom modification i have to do?

ross Team
ross Sep 15 '14
you need to do the modification of the code of the groups plugin you need to know php in order to do that or hire a programmer to do that for you

as to the 4 request - removing latest members is also considered as a custom code modification of the core as this element uses the same class in video/blogs etc. and hiding it via css will remove it from there as well. 

as to online members tab 

apply this style in theme customizer: 

.ow_content_menu li._online{display: none;}

Mashoor Classified
Ross. Thanks alot (y) i have successfully removed that online button.

Can you do the custom modification in my group plugin? 

Thanks once again for the rapid response ross.

The Forum post is edited by Mashoor Classified Sep 15 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 15 '14
We do not provide such service. 
Mashoor Classified
My first priority is for this option:

3. Group member can not see other groups members. He can only see the group and when he clicks join he will be redirected to other page.

Can you please guide me in detail what custom coding i have to do?

ross Team
ross Sep 15 '14
We do not provide instructions on code modifications. You can create a post in the Custom code modification section of the forum, probably some community member will help you to do that. 
Mashoor Classified
Ok ross. Thanks anyways
The Forum post is edited by Mashoor Classified Sep 15 '14