We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Deleting Spam Content [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jinger Jarrett
Jinger Jarrett Sep 17 '14
I have looked everywhere on this site for the answer to this, and I can't find the solution anywhere.

I'm the super admin for my site. However, I'm unable to delete individual posts on the forum. Why not? Why do I have to completely delete the person who posted them?

I deleted the posts from the person's timeline. It didn't delete them in the forum. Why can't I moderate this?

The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 7 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 17 '14
Deleting post from the newsfeed does not delete the content itself, you need to go to this forum topic and delete it from there. 

See screenshot: 

Jinger Jarrett
Jinger Jarrett Sep 30 '14
I tried to deleted it, but I couldn't find the place. It wasn't my post. It was someone else's.
ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
I understand, however you as an admin should be able to delete any content. Did you manage to resolve your issue. If not ,please PM me your URL and admin access details. 
Jinger Jarrett
Jinger Jarrett Oct 2 '14
I think it's actually a browser issue. I'm going to check that today as well as check to make sure I have my permissions set correctly. I'll also check with the other admins to make sure they can delete it too. Thanks for your help.
ross Team
ross Oct 2 '14
Alright, keep us updated. 
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Oct 5 '14

Quote from Jinger Jarrett I think it's actually a browser issue. I'm going to check that today as well as check to make sure I have my permissions set correctly. I'll also check with the other admins to make sure they can delete it too. Thanks for your help.
Not sure what your not seeing, whether it's the entire Box titled "This Topic" or the link text w/In, if it's the link text w/In then you can change from what I can see is set at #ffffff to a different color.

Can edit through:
http://militaryveteransworldwide.club/...ase_sidebar/base.css
and
http://militaryveteransworldwide.club/...ase_sidebar/base.css

Clear cache then wallah . . .
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Oct 5 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 6 '14
Jinger do you have any news on the matter?
Jinger Jarrett
Jinger Jarrett Oct 7 '14
That was the problem. Thanks for showing me that. I put it in Dev mode and then edited the CSS. It's working now. Thank you. 
ross Team
ross Oct 7 '14
Great. I'm going to mark this thread as Solved.