We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

register_globals must be off | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Sep 20 '14
Your hosting account doesn't meet the following requirements:
  • register_globals must be off (currently on)

I contact my webhost and here is a screenshot of what they told me.

The Forum post is edited by Shaun Sep 20 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 20 '14
i am running php 5,4 no problems 
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 20 '14
fresh install no problem on 5.4 
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 20 '14
i looked my php.ini and register_globals is off  so ur hosting tell u white lies
Shaun
Shaun Sep 20 '14

That's the error message when I go to the /install    directory

hopefully a developer or someone that has dealt with this error before can offer me some solutions or what exactly to say to my webhost because they claim its not compatible with 5.4 if that error message shows up

Edit: According to them register_globals don't exists in php 5.4  so if that error is showing up oxwall was never truly compatible with php 5.4 it was just hacked or tricked into "working" and they claim modifying the php.ini will do nothing since its non existant

The Forum post is edited by Shaun Sep 20 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 21 '14
It is compatible with 5.4, your server does not meet our requirements, it is clearly said in the error you get. 
Shaun
Shaun Sep 25 '14
Uh... that sounded rude. I clearly understand the server don't meet the requirements to run oxwall but I was looking for a solution to make the needed changes to be able to meet all the requirements since my host is willing to work with me. and I have had no problems running oxwall in the past on the same hosting company before they upgraded to 5.4 and they claim those where the only changes.
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
Shaun, I'm sorry if that sounded rude, I did not mean to offend you in anyway. 

What solution are you looking for? Server does not meet our requirements. We cannot change the code. You need to contact your provider and request to disable register_globals. 

Shaun
Shaun Sep 25 '14
they say they cant disable register_globals.  if it is non existant in 5.4
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
Alright, Shaun, 

please go to ow_install/files/requirements.txt and remove this code line: 

ini.register_globals off;

ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.