We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photo Sizes [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 22 '14
How Do I Make Photos MAX 0.1 Or 0.2?  0.5 Is Currently ACCEPTED.  However 0.4 Or LOWER Is REJECTED.  :--)
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 1 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 22 '14
You need to change that in the code

ow_plugins/photo/controllers/admin.php

line: 

$sValidator = new FloatValidator(0.5, PHOTO_BOL_PhotoService::getInstance()->getMaxUploadFileSize());

However the value in the admin photo settings won't change, as it is a language value, you can do the search and change the value from 0.5 to one you want 

James
James Sep 23 '14
Thank you..was facing similar issue..
this helped..!
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 23 '14
I CHANGED It To (0.15 Megs).  That's WAY BETTER In The Area Of NOT Allowing The Server To Get OVERLOADED!  I Have A Page That Tells People How To EDIT Photos B4 They Upload Them!  :--)
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 23 '14

Quote from ross 

However the value in the admin photo settings won't change, as it is a language value, you can do the search and change the value from 0.5 to one you want.

So, Me CHANGING It In (ow_plugins/photo/controllers/admin.php) ISN'T Enough To ONLY Allow Up To 0.15 Megs?  :--)

ross Team
ross Sep 23 '14
It is enough, I was saying if you don't like 0.5Mb still appear in the photo settings you can change it in the languages
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 24 '14
I Uploaded A 200 + Megs Photo On 2 DIFFERENT Browsers AFTER I CHANGED It To 0.15 MAX.  I'll TEST That AGAIN This Week.  :--)  
ross Team
ross Sep 24 '14
Andrew 0.15 Mb is the maximum allowable minimum of the photo size. The maximum size is set next to Maximum file size
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 24 '14
In NEWSFEED, Photos AREN'T RESTRICTED To 0.15 Megs.  I Now TESTED In PHOTOS, And It Said 0.15 MEGS MAX.  So To Me NEWSFEED PHOTO Uploads NEEDS To Be The SAME RESTRICTION As The PHOTOS Area.

Also, I TURNED OFF .mp3, .avi, .wmv, Etc., But In NEWSFEED, It Acted Like It Was UPLOADING Audio/Video When I TESTED That.  :--)
The Forum post is edited by Brother Andrew Sep 25 '14
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
No need to duplicate your posts, I'll get back to you asap. 
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 25 '14
OK. :--)
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14

ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/attachments.php

$dtoArr = $this->service->processUploadedFile($pluginKey, $item, $bundle, array('jpg', 'jpeg', 'png', 'gif'), 2000);

2000 this is 2Mb

Brother Andrew
MUCH Thanks! ;--)
Brother Andrew
The CHANGE That I Made In (ow_plugins/photo/controllers/admin.php) Did What I WANT!

Now I CHANGED (
ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/attachments.php) From 2000 To 150, And Newsfeed STILL Uploads OVER 150 KB Photos.  I TESTED On MORE Than 1 Browser.  :--) 
ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
Probably some other places need to be changed, I'll get back to you asap on that. Thanks.
Brother Andrew
Brother Andrew Sep 29 '14
MUCH Thanks!  :--)
ross Team
ross Sep 29 '14
Haven't you considered change the settings of the file attachments in the admin panel?

www.site.com/admin/settings/user-input

Brother Andrew
Admin Panel -  Settings -  User Settings -  Content  Input Is Where I FIRST EDITED THAT. That's Where It Orlinally WOULDN'T Allow Me To CHANGE That Part UNDER 0.5 MEGS.  But NEWSFEED IS STRANGLY DIFFERENT.  I NEED To Go BACK To SLEEP.  :--)
ross Team
ross Sep 29 '14
when you change it to 0.5Mb do you get some kind of message or error?
Brother Andrew
RREAD ALL The Threads From U I And Me In This Topic, To REFRESH Your Memory As To What Was DONE SO FAR.  0.15 Was ACCEPTED After A CHANGE In Panel. 0.5 Was ALWAYS Accepted.  But I'm NOT Using A Server That Is Made For MANY 0.5 Photos/Files.  O.15 MAX Is MUCH SMARTER!

In NEWSFEED, It STILL ALLOWS OVER 0.15 Photos.  In Photos, It' s  MAX 0.15. :--)

Pages: 1 2 »