We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Time in email showing incorrect | Forum

Pavn
Pavn Nov 14 '11
My site has time zone set of India . However whenever a member receives an email of any activity which has happenend in even 5-10 minutes, the email shows it as 12 hours ago. I think that since the server is based in US & the email takes the server time so this lag of 12 hours nearly is mentioned.

Can somebody look??
Pavn
Pavn Nov 14 '11
nobody???
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 15 '11
You are right, time of activity is based on your server time. In future builds we will add an option for webmasters to choose what timezone they want to use on their websites.
Pavn
Pavn Nov 15 '11
Hey Mulder, Thanks for support but isn't it simple to just take time as selected by admin in configuration & show the time on basis of that (by doing GMT+-)

:)
Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 15 '11
There are plan and we are improving our software according to that plan. We will add that option for sure, it's just a matter of time.
Pavn
Pavn Nov 15 '11
Hi Mulder,  i got it. :)

I really appreciate you spending so much time on providing answers to our queries.

BTW i have one issue posted here if you can just look & have some answers as i have spent more than 5 hours for any solution.

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/2625

Regards
The Forum post is edited by Pavn Nov 15 '11
Attachments:
  Untitled.jpg (194.15Kb)
Pavn
Pavn Nov 15 '11
Hey Mulder, please dont go through the issue at bottom it is resolved,

sorry to bother

Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 15 '11
Glad to hear you could solve the issue. And no need to apologize - the main reason I'm here is to be bothered. And helpful. Sometimes.