We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Groups NOT working after upgrading to 1.7.1 | Forum

Dominick
Dominick Sep 25 '14
OK. Successfully upgraded to 1.7.1. All plugins successfully installed and upgraded. Groups not responding at all. Website is http://nakedgameplay.com.

Click on any Group and you get absolute nothing.

ross Team
ross Sep 25 '14
What do you mean by absolutely nothing?
Provide a screenshot.
bobbi
bobbi Sep 25 '14
the button for groups is not working but if you add /groups to your url you can see your groups a temp work around until your group button works
ross Team
ross Sep 26 '14
I just tested http://nakedgameplay.com/groups this is what I see.
Dominick
Dominick Sep 26 '14
Perhaps my explanation was not clear. You see the Groups page, but when you click on a Group, you get NOTHING. Just a blank white screen. No error. No 404. No Nothing. 

Just click on "a Group" and get nothing!

The Forum post is edited by Dominick Sep 26 '14
Attachments:
  screenblank.fw.png (77Kb)
Dominick
Dominick Sep 26 '14

Tammy asked me to put in debug mode and now I get the following:

Parse error
: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/nakedgam/public_html/ow_includes/config.php on line 45

What's worse is, it won't come back on when I take it out of debug mode.

Dominick
Dominick Sep 26 '14
Got past the parser error with Tammy's help. Still have no working groups
Dominick
Dominick Sep 27 '14
Issue resolved. Caused by Video Conferencing Group Plugin. The plugin was not activated. It was installed and listed as available. I had tested it briefly but not fully removed or implemented it. 
Dominick
Dominick Sep 27 '14
ISSUE NOT RESOLVED! After trying to update another plugin (video plugin for groups). Decided to remove it. Groups went back to not responding. Just get a blank page.
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 27 '14
Blank pages are a very common, recurring issue in Oxwall. Most think it's a fault with the software and/or plugins but it usually always stems out to slow server responses. How many plugins do you have activated and running, and have you checked your server/hosts usage statistics lately?

Also, there are some rare occasions that third-party plugins do cause errors, but it's hard to define them. Your debug stated an unexpected ';', have you looked into your config.php file for that error yet?

~Jake
www.ewtnet.us
Dominick
Dominick Sep 27 '14
The final fix was to restore the "videogroup" plugin. The original problem was the video group conferencing plugin. Having it installed but not activated. After uninstalling it, groups worked fine. I decided to remove the videogroup to upgrade it.  After uninstalling it the groups became unresponsive again. It was not a time out. Once I re-installed the videogroup plugin (latest version), the groups began to function normally again. It seems to be related to plugins installed (that interact with groups) that are deactivated or uninstalled but still listed as available. The 2 plugins are unrelated. One is for video conferencing and the other to embed videos.
The Forum post is edited by Dominick Sep 27 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 28 '14
i fixed your site and groups did u stuff it again
JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 28 '14
I remember there was an error as early as Oxwall 1.7 that made copies of entire plugin files with a number added at the end everytime you deactivated/uninstalled (for example ow_plugins/newsfeed59"); try checking the ow_plugin folders. Are there any copies of the videoconference and/or videogroup plugins? If so, delete them. You may have to delete those two plugins folders (and any copies) completely and then activate OW_PROFILER to clear your site cache. Then, you should try adding them again one at a time to see if that works.

~Jake
www.ewtnet.us
ross Team
ross Sep 28 '14
Dominick, if the problem is caused by the videogroup plugin, you need to contact plugin developer directly to resolve your issue. 

What is the current state of your problem? Please elaborate. 

As to the available, you need to delete them from the Available plugin section, in order to completely remove it from the server. This is how the software works. 

Dominick
Dominick Sep 29 '14
I did contact both developers and I have come to understand that available plugins need to be uninstalled.
ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
I'm sorry Dominick, does the issue persist when these 3rd party plugins are disabled. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 30 '14
Dominick
Dominick Oct 2 '14
Yes. When they are disabled, the problem persists. I had to completely uninstall them and remove them from available plugins too. 
ross Team
ross Oct 2 '14
did the developers fixed the problem with their plugins?
Dominick
Dominick Oct 2 '14
I don't know. I informed them and "Groups" works when they are installed and activated. 
ross Team
ross Oct 2 '14
Alright, you lost me completely, the groups work only when these plugins activated?
Pages: 1 2 »