We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Graphic logo on Graphite theme? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Christopher
Christopher Oct 29 '10
I was surprised to see that the Macabre theme allows for a graphic logo, but the Graphite theme doesn't.

I tried editing all sorts of template files, but nothing changed the actual live site.

What I do? :\
Christopher
Christopher Oct 29 '10
If it helps, this is the image I wanted to use as a logo... full size...

Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit the image into the original post.
Attachments:
  cdig_tiny.jpg (25.32Kb)
Den Team
Den Nov 2 '10
IF you customize your theme via FTP, you need to set "DEV_MODE" in true in ow_includes/config.php file. In this way your changes will be applied :)
Christopher
Christopher Jul 16 '11
This entire system needs to be simplified. I'm knowledgable about working with prepackaged scripts and have a bit of PHP under my belt and this system throws me for a loop every time.

I have to come back to this topic to find out how to place a logo on a new install. Shouldn't have to do that to figure out basic customization!
Rivu
Rivu Jul 17 '11
I didn't really understand what you're trying to tell in the last post. If you want to use a customized site logo in graphite theme, you can do this by modifying the css file of graphite theme. [don't edit css file directly, edit it from admin area of your site]
Mike888
Mike888 Feb 25 '12
I am trying to use fixed background and have added the background-attachment:fixed.
however it is not fixed
please see www . globalfriendsnet . com
I have added the fixed into the css
can someone tell me please which position / file/ etc I might have to add this tribute.
I am ready to do it again from the scratch.. no problem
thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Mar 4 '12
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Uriah
Uriah Nov 17 '22
I think it's a great idea. I love the logo and everything about it. The font is nice and clean, but not too much so. The colors are neutral and not too busy either. And the shape of the logo is very interesting and different than the other logos on your site. Visit this https://masterbundles.com/graphics/ site to hire best graphic designers. It can help to make your website more professional and attractive. I think it is good to use the same logo for all of your websites, that way you won't have to worry about the look of each one.