We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cronjobs Issue | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Sep 29 '14
Hi Oxwallers,

Ever since i upgraded to 1.7.1 my cronjobs dont work but which i see why after i spoke to my hosting company about cron errors this is what they had to say because i told them im not getting any oxwall updates on my dashboard

---

Hello ,

The issue is caused because the cron job's execution is trying to alocate more memory than it is allowed on the shared sevrer:

Code:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 328

Contact a professional oxwall developer to help you optimize the execution of the cron job so, that it would not require so much memory. Alternatively, you can upgrade to one of the Cloud Hosting plans where we can adjust the settings of the PHP environment to allow more memory for it.

If you need any further assistance, please, do not hesitate to contact us again by posting a new ticket in the appropriate Help Desk category.

Best Regards,

Plamen M.
Technical Support Team

---

PLEASE HELP !!!
ross Team
ross Sep 29 '14
Truncate ow_newsfeed_action_set table, let us know if that helps. 
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Sep 30 '14
Hi Ross,

I dont have Truncate in myphp admin option i assume you mean drop or empty ?
ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
Yes, empty the table.
Webster Molaudi
Done, will update once everything is sorted and work fine...thanks ross
ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
Alright
Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross,

Now i get :

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3659 bytes) in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 331

ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
Have you installed any plugins recently?

The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 30 '14
Webster Molaudi
Yes but many Ross, its hard to remember which one i installed recently
ross Team
ross Sep 30 '14
Unfortunately you are out of memory you'll need to increase it, since you on shared plan you need to upgrade it.Or disable the plugins.
The Forum post is edited by ross Sep 30 '14
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Oct 6 '14
Okay,  so i guess this is because of memory as im keep getting the emails :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function geoip_open() in /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_plugins/antispammer/init.php on line 38

ross Team
ross Oct 6 '14
it is called by antispammer plugin, contact plugin developer directly to resolve your issue.