We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Changing the Target of Sign-Up & Join Buttons | Forum

Don Page
Don Page Sep 30 '14
Hi;

I want to force users to my Terms & Conditions page before they can join.  Can I change the link for the "Sign up" button in the top-right corner and the "Join" button on the "Please Sign In" Pop-up window? (you can see both in the attached)

Thanks

Don

ross Team
ross Oct 1 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Peatech LLC
Peatech LLC Oct 2 '14

Quote from Don Page Hi;

I want to force users to my Terms & Conditions page before they can join.  Can I change the link for the "Sign up" button in the top-right corner and the "Join" button on the "Please Sign In" Pop-up window? (you can see both in the attached)

Thanks

Don

No file(s) is attached in your post. However, to force terms and services on users kindly go to to the users setting page on your admin dashboard and tick Enable 'Terms of use' checkbox.

As for changing the landing page for registration go to your cPanel/FTP, edit /ow_system_plugin/base/int.php and find $router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_join', 'join', 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'index')); replace join with any value you want to use (e.g register). (Scroll to the bottom of this post to know more about changing oxwall core url)

Let me know if this worked for you.

-Ebenezer

www.ewtnet.us - Oxwall custom jobs

The Forum post is edited by Peatech LLC Oct 2 '14
Don Page
Don Page Oct 21 '14
Hi Ebenezer;

Thanks for the advise but I goofed somewhere.

I changed the line to $router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_join', 'page', 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'index'));

I created an oxwall page called "page", and tested it to make sure it worked. Uploaded the new int.php, cleared the cache and tested the Join button.

Now the button sends you to http://heretomeet.com/oxwall/page, but it's really the old Join page.  It acts like page is a bad link, but like I said I tested it using the top menu button.

What did I miss?

Is it possible to direct the "Join" button outside of Oxwall? To http://heretomeet.com/PrivacyPolicy.html for example?

Thanks

Don