We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Paypal Echecks, Oxwall store, and what you are not being told. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 3 '14
As a seller on oxwallI have noticed that  oxwall has coded the api to allow E checks. This is a big no no for software. People are downloading products and then defaulting on the check. THis is a big hassle and is growing to be a big pain for sellers. 

Paypal's api system allows the product to be released after 7 days regarless if the echeck has cleared or not.  

This needs to be addressed! Asap, I am sure I am not the only seller getting taken advantage of in this manner. 

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Apr 1 '15
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 3 '14
paypal sucks really , an idiot company with many scares and limits.. Add Bitcoin as a payment option , its real money without delay
JB Tech (FoxTechs)
JB Tech (FoxTechs) Oct 3 '14

Quote from Billy Pip paypal sucks really , an idiot company with many scares and limits.. Add Bitcoin as a payment option , its real money without delay

It's not PayPal's fault really. This problem is because of Oxwall's coding. I like BitCoin too but I think most people who adapt to it hate on PayPal because the "hardcore" BitCoiners don't like anything that isn't a digital currency. PayPal is fine if you work with it in compliance with the terms you agree to it.

But about the problem - eChecks are very bad. Oxwall should change the APIs so that it only allows instant transactions or add Stripe as a gateway for the store.

~Jake
www.ewtnet.us
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 3 '14
I think the removal of the echecks would be great. Its mostly fraudulant transactions when done this way. 
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 4 '14

It's not PayPal's fault really. This problem is because of Oxwall's coding. I like BitCoin too but I think most people who adapt to it hate on PayPal because the "hardcore" BitCoiners don't like anything that isn't a digital currency. PayPal is fine if you work with it in compliance with the terms you agree to it.
am a buyer , and i never pay via idiot paypal . why oxwall doesn't exist other options for peoples dont want pay via paypal . at that way you will get more sales
Den Team
Den Oct 6 '14
Thanks for reporting guys, we'll investigate into this. 

As for payment options, Billy Pip, you can contact a plugin's developer for another payment options. Also, you can still pay via credit card to developer's paypal account (see how)

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Oct 6 '14
Thanks Den. 
Mehroz
Mehroz Apr 7 '15
Den,

when i follow this tutorial paypal forces me login or create a new account and link a credit card with it. after filling the form paypal rejects my card becuase it dosen't support my country. Please do something about this because i want to buy plugins but some devs are not even repling in private message

Walter
Walter Apr 20 '15
Trying to buy a plugin but there is no Paypal option for me to pay. Paying with CC is the only option. There is no way I will input my CC information.
dave Leader
dave Apr 21 '15
which plugin?  Some store owners no longer take paypal due to some losses. 
dave Leader
dave Apr 21 '15
Also i must say that all this griping about Paypal, i have had nothing but good results from them.  They even backed me up when someone tried to scam me and even when digital goods were not covered.  So i happen to really enjoy my relationship with paypal, had them for close to 10 years now and no complaints.