We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Infinite loop after installing plugins | Forum

Arie Odendaal
Arie Odendaal Oct 4 '14
Good day,

I am trying to install 1.7 on a Windows Server with IIS 7.5 but encounter an infinite loop after installing the plugins.

I have imported the .htaccess and tested that the rules work. I have checked all requirements and found no issues. I had a 1.6 installation running until 5 days ago on the same server without issues. After removing the old installation and loading the 1.7 I get errors.

The installer asks me to remove the ow_install folder and refresh the page and then it just loops after refresh. I have done an install of 1.7 on my dev environment with IIS 8 and I had no problems with that install.

Does anyone have an idea of what the reason for this can be?
Arie Odendaal
Arie Odendaal Oct 4 '14
I have also tried copying my dev code and DB to the server. When I do that I encounter the same loop on the index page.
Arie Odendaal
Arie Odendaal Oct 5 '14
Hi Chris,

I have enabled debug mode but there is no output, just a loop and a white screen.
Arie Odendaal
Arie Odendaal Oct 5 '14
Thanks Chris. What I have done in the meantime was to do a clean install off version 1.6.0 and this worked perfectly. I installed with only the default plugins. I then did an upgrade to version 1.7.1. The upgrade completed with some warnings about not being able to delete a folder.

After the upgrade the same infinite loop occurs. I am happy to stay with 1.6.0 but I had a developer do some work for me and this was done on 1.7.1.
ross Team
ross Oct 6 '14
Arie, can you please PM me your Cpanel and admin access details, please? I'll take a look at the issue.