We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My Oxwall Site does not send emails and notification | Forum

Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 10 '14

The site does not send out emails and notification. My host said the problem is from my site and I think they are right. Av asked someone to check the site but they said the problem is from the host.

ross Team
ross Oct 10 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 10 '14
Check if you have your cron jobs properly configured: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron

and please do the search before posting, this issue been discussed a  lot of times. 

Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 10 '14
sorry I don't know how to check that as someone did the installation for me and cant get the person. I know the cron is installed but don't know how to find out if its properly installed
ross Team
ross Oct 10 '14
See the tutorial, please. If none of the command works, contact your hosting provider to assist you to configure it properly. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 10 '14
Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 10 '14
like I said I have contacted them. this is the first time am coming here regarding an issue. If I got a way out I would have done it
Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 12 '14
@Ana Thank you for that info. I will check it. Appreciated.
ross Team
ross Oct 13 '14
Ana, what bug are you referring to? There were no e-mails about new users at all. You can make a suggestion on that to uservoice. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 13 '14
Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 16 '14
@Ross can I get help with this issue please as its becoming very frustrating
ross Team
ross Oct 16 '14
Adrian, I provided you with the link to the tutorial, if you can't do that on your own, contact your hosting provider support team and ask them to configure it for you. 
Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 16 '14
I have contact them but they have not been able to. I saw that cron job is set but its a third party cron job.
Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 16 '14

I also don't know what effect it may have on the site if I remove the third party cron and set the one on the host directly

ross Team
ross Oct 16 '14
I'm sorry but you need to use the one on the host, as this is our server requirement. 

What hosting provider are you using?

Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 16 '14
Hostgator
Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 16 '14
If I delete the one set to third party will if have any effect on my site design or anything apart from the mail
Adrian Edema
Adrian Edema Oct 18 '14
Ok thank you. I will.
ross Team
ross Oct 19 '14
Ana, is mandatory approve option checked in the admin panel?
ross Team
ross Oct 21 '14
Ana, check whether your cron jobs are properly configured. 
ross Team
ross Oct 22 '14
Go to the the ow_base_mail table in your DB via phpmyadmin, then send the mass mailing, as soon as you do the mass mailing refresh this table until you see that the mails go away. That means that cron properly configured

Keep us updated. 

ross Team
ross Oct 23 '14
Well you cron is set to work every 5 minutes, check the table again, if the mail is still there. If yes, contact your hosting provider to configure cron properly;. 
Pages: 1 2 »