We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Ftp Connection Problem! | Forum

Shafina
Shafina Oct 20 '14
Hi..I can login my cPanel, but I can't update themes & plugins with the some username & password at oxwall site.

I am getting this message:
"Can't complete operation. Function `ftp_connect` is not available."

Anybody can help me, please?
ross Team
ross Oct 20 '14
Please check whether you have FTP module installed on your server?
Shafina
Shafina Oct 21 '14
yes...I can login via filezilla too.
ross Team
ross Oct 21 '14
Not filezilla on your computer, ftp module on your server. 
Shafina
Shafina Oct 21 '14
how to check? I can create ftp account from my cPanel.
ross Team
ross Oct 21 '14
It has nothing to do with your Cpanel it is related to the php modules ftp module is not enabled, contact your hosting provider to resolve this or search for solution here: https://www.google.com/...nnect&gws_rd=ssl
Shafina
Shafina Oct 21 '14
ok...thanks
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 21 '14

Quote from Shafina how to check? I can create ftp account from my cPanel.
if you can add ftp accounts in cpanel ftp is enabled 

when you update a plugin or add new plugin in admin you have to use the ftp user that you used to ftp the install script to the server 
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 21 '14

Quote from Shafina Hi..I can login my cPanel, but I can't update themes & plugins with the some username & password at oxwall site.

I am getting this message:
"Can't complete operation. Function `ftp_connect` is not available."

Anybody can help me, please?
your cpanel username and password is not ftp username and password

that error maybe you dont have any ftp accounts 
if you dont did you use softalishes thing to install oxwall if you did 
you will need root access or ask hosting to change all the oxwall  files owner to a ftp account
Shafina
Shafina Oct 21 '14

Quote from Tammy your cpanel username and password is not ftp username and password

i always use cPanal username and password to access ftp via filezilla and oxwall. I never faced problem except this issue...thanks
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 21 '14
what user name you using  localhost or ftp.yoursite.com
ross Team
ross Oct 21 '14
Did you check whether you have FTP module enabled in you php?
tammy harris
tammy harris Oct 21 '14
use cpanel user name for ftp is bad security issue 
Shafina
Shafina Oct 21 '14

Quote from ross It has nothing to do with your Cpanel it is related to the php modules ftp module is not enabled, contact your hosting provider to resolve this or search for solution here: https://www.google.com/...nnect&gws_rd=ssl

I have contacted hosting provider they informed me that ftp modules already enabled....what can i do now please?
ross Team
ross Oct 21 '14
go to ow_includes folder/config.php file

right after this: 

<?php

insert

phpinfo();

go to your website you'll see info about your server configuration

check the ftp section: 

FTP support: it should say enabled or disabled. 

if it is enabled, please PM me your admin and FTP access details of a user who has the rights to edit oxwall files. 

Shafina
Shafina Oct 22 '14
ftp support enabled.
Shafina
Shafina Oct 22 '14
I pm you login detail ... thank you
ross Team
ross Oct 22 '14
as I said this function is disabled

disable_functions popen,pclose,virtual,exec,passthru,shell_exec,show_source,proc_close,proc_get_status,proc_nice,proc_open,proc_terminate,system,ini_alter,dl,pfsockopen,openlog,syslog,readlink,symlink,link,leak,escapeshellcmd,escapeshellarg,pcntl_exec,sendpacket,apache_child_terminate,apache_setenv,define_syslog_variables,eval,fp,fput,ftp_connect,ftp_exec,ftp_get,ftp_login,ftp_nb_fput,ftp_put,ftp_raw,ftp_rawlist,highlight_file,ini_get_all,ini_restore,inject_code,mysql_pconnect,php_uname,phpAds_remoteInfo,phpAds_XmlRpc,phpAds_xmlrpcDecode,phpAds_xmlrpcEncode,posix_getpwuid,posix_kill,posix_mkfifo,posix_setpgid,posix_setsid,posix_setuid,posix_setuid,posix_uname,xmlrpc_entity_decode

ftp_connect is among disabled functions, contact hosting provider to enable it. 
Shafina
Shafina Oct 23 '14
thank