We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How about a search field? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Steven Myers
Steven Myers Nov 22 '11
This is a very important option for a site to have and I am beyond shocked that Oxwall doesn't have a search field. When a user is needing to find something, how do they do it??? I highly recommend this to be added in the site to boost public support for the members who run this script.

I have tons of members asking me where the search field is, but I do not know how to add one.
Keelan Leader
Keelan Nov 23 '11
Well you have:

Search for forums.
Search for profile and the fields
Tag Search

I presume you mean a wide site search?

I guess so though most big social sites dont have this feature as it isn't like searching a normal website as the information and content is so vast and dynamic. 

You could always incorporate google search into your site with custom html widget?
Gerald Rusche
Gerald Rusche Nov 27 '11
For some CMS search is allready a problem. Realtime search for a community with its hundreds or tausend pages will be very slow till unusable. Cached search is either not uptodate if the cache will be saved in to long intervals or the side will extremly slowdown if cache is renewed every minute or so.
Steven Myers
Steven Myers Nov 29 '11
Thanks guys, this does make more sense as it would be an insane amount for the site to load from the database. Possible giving a server load of more than expected. I know Facebook and Twitter have it, which is why I asked.

This feature would be used for search by email, user name or newsfeed discussion search. Etc.
Den Team
Den Nov 30 '11
Please, discuss it on our suggest board.