We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

arrowchat update error - ArrowChat | Forum

savvas
savvas Nov 23 '11

Hello,

I found an plugin update in my admin for the arrowchat that i bought , i usually use filezila cos the admin ftp dont work all the time but to finalize the update it wants to ftp it from admin but cant cos i get the error shown in attachment.

The Forum post is edited by savvas Nov 23 '11
Attachments:
  arrowchat plugin update arror1.doc (231.5Kb)
savvas
savvas Nov 23 '11
what does it mean by commercial pls ?
Attachments:
  arrowchat error 3.doc (237Kb)
Michael Leader
Michael Nov 23 '11
3rd party plugin. All issues will need to be directed in the arrowchat forum in oxwall store for the developer to address.

However there may be a problem with your core.  Get the developer to confirm the plugin update operation...
Mark
Mark Nov 23 '11
update it manually, once all files have been overwritten (i believe only one file was actually updated) you need to edit the version.php (ow_plugins/arrowchat/version.php)

change
define('ARROWCHAT_VERSION', '1.0.6');

to

define('ARROWCHAT_VERSION', '1.0.6.0.5');
that should stop the update notice in the admin area

savvas
savvas Nov 23 '11
OMG am lost  wereand how do i do all this pls and how do i update it manualy when i dont have a file to use  ?
savvas
savvas Nov 23 '11
Hi mark i did that change you adviced me on  changing 1.0.6 to 1.0.6.0.5 but still get the update link on my admin . what do you advice me ? thanks for helping me mate am abit lost thanks alot i appreciate it .x
Mark
Mark Nov 23 '11
try editing the plugin.xml file also change

<build>106</build>

to

<build>10605</build>
im assuming that you have uploaded the updated plugin files via FTP?

Michael I.
Michael I. Nov 23 '11
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
savvas
savvas Nov 24 '11
hi aka , why was it moved , what does that mean ? i cant get help on this tipic anymore?
savvas
savvas Nov 24 '11

Hi mark , is the file called plugin.xml that i am looking for to edit pls ?

ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 24 '11
You can just re-download the ArrowChat plugin and replace all the files on your server via FTP (do NOT replace the cache folder though).

I'm not sure how the automatic updater is programmed to work in Oxwall, so I'll take a look and see if I can fix it.
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 24 '11
Alright, ArrowChat should now update correctly without having to do it manually.  The only problem is that it will replace your cache folder which deletes all your current settings.  

I would recommend everyone keep a copy of their cache folder when using the automatic update and then replace it after.  We are currently working on a solution for this.
savvas
savvas Nov 27 '11
my arrow chat will not apear on the site any ideas.x
ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Nov 27 '11
Quote from savvas my arrow chat will not apear on the site any ideas.x

Open up your arrowchat/cache/data_admin_options.php file.  Search that file for "$base_url=".  What does it say in the quotes for $base_url?
savvas
savvas Dec 8 '11

Hello all

the fancybox code is breaking the site because the link of the fancy box is invalid ,

<script type="text/javascript" src="/ow_static/plugins/fancybox/jquery.fancybox.pack.js?v=2.0.1"></script>because i dont know how to fix this code issue i disabled fancybox and arrowchat is ok now , so thats a good tip to all.x.x.x.x
savvas
savvas Dec 8 '11

thanks everyone for helping me out and thanks to arrow website for there support too , if anyone understands this i would like to know how to fix tha issue to have the fancybox back in near future.

Thanks

Sav

ArrowSuites
ArrowSuites Dec 8 '11
Quote from savvas

thanks everyone for helping me out and thanks to arrow website for there support too , if anyone understands this i would like to know how to fix tha issue to have the fancybox back in near future.

Thanks

Sav

You could just download Fancybox from their website and put it at that location.

http://fancybox.net/
jeo
jeo Dec 9 '11
yes im having the same issue it want let me update the plugin!
You do not have permission to reply this topic