We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

ALL plugins with issue or not able to use | Forum

Kostia
Kostia Nov 1 '14

Quote from Day Line
Quote from Abbey I don't know if I've said this before but.... the one time I had a plugin that didn't work I went to the dev n asked for a refund... n he gave me one.... maybe others should try that
Most of plugins without return policy, because after payment you download plugin and you have it already

but if the plugin has any bugs or problems contact its dev and he must solve it, i do it with my items, if any one report me for bugs i must solve it, and other developers do that
so you should contact the plugin dev for any problem 

1. the problem is that some of developers are not logged in for long time
2. if he is logged in - no awswer from him, not fixing issues.
3. onother developers are not interested to creat simmilar plugin/s ( because some of them ('which is not updated') is allready on the store
4. if oxwall wants to go foward it suppost to remove older 1.5*.. 1.6*..versions, because now it is like some OLD garbage.
The Forum post is edited by Kostia Nov 1 '14
Abbey
Abbey Nov 1 '14

Quote from Day Line
Quote from Abbey I don't know if I've said this before but.... the one time I had a plugin that didn't work I went to the dev n asked for a refund... n he gave me one.... maybe others should try that
Most of plugins without return policy, because after payment you download plugin and you have it already

but if the plugin has any bugs or problems contact its dev and he must solve it, i do it with my items, if any one report me for bugs i must solve it, and other developers do that
so you should contact the plugin dev for any problem 

Yes but if the plugin doesn't work why would you want it, plus after he refunded me it disappeared from my purchases so I could never update it, it's kind of like the plugins people are giving away .. with out a license key they're useless
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '14
ok lets start a list of plugins and problems

lets start with younett friend inviter 

conflicts with add this - reported to them 6 months ago 
the invited friends counter goes completely spastic - reported to them 6 months ago 
before they updated it last now is just a white blank screen 

younett social connect 
has problems with icons on posting a site url in newsfeed and chat  - reported to them 3 months ago and there reply so stuffed up and  well had nothing to do the problem i sent copys there reply to moderators here 2 months ago and have not get reply on it 
there suport is so dam bad i would rather pull my own teeth out then have to deal with them again 
and they are oxwall premium support what a joke 

video upload redesigned 
9 months now and it not work even one day 
reported the problems over and over to get same answer is my server problems
so i installed clipbucket to prove its the plugin not my server
the dev then admitted he can not fix the plugin as a 3rd party has payed him to fix it and in contract he signed as to he can not fix the plugin
reported to moderators months ago still no reply

moshie games
the dev wont answer any think on developing the plugin  so looks like same problem as above  reported to moderators months ago still no answer

Reminder notifications 
breaks the international laws on email sending, it does not have opt out
it breaks oxwall email rules and sends mail to unverified membes
reported to dev 6 moths ago 

facebook tools
it does not use current url  so its usless as comments are from every page 
reported to dev 9 months ago

oxwall art faq free has never worked 
i cant rember and am not going to even waste time on the problems and if the dev has even answered and last time i looked was 8 months ago

video wisperer plugins let the user set sever setting and can crash your server 
reported to them on them put the plugins in store
there answer they dont care 

now we get to arrons crap how any his plugin got in the store has got me stuffed 

start page is so dam messed up 
reported 50 of the bigest problems to the dev 8 months ago not one thing has been fixed 
and the same the rest his crap plugins have reported problems over and over and nothing is ever fixed 
he does not use anything of oxwall  he makes custom rates. comments, tec that just look like crap and like they designed by a 3yr old 
his plugins let site users play with settings they just should not be able to see let alone play with them

he keeps adding more crap over the top of crap and make the things so dam complicated he does not know how to work it so how in hell is a  site user work out how to use it 

the list goes on but i have run out time 

JB TECH
JB TECH Nov 3 '14
Regarding reviews on items (no matter good or bad) on the Oxwall store. I saw tammy's reply about their review on OxwallAccessorie's free store item:

"sorry i should of add more details  the plugin is great 

what i meant was it also should be part of Twitter Newsfeed style plugin
so people with that plugin don't have to stumble across it in the store"

You reviewed an item based on lack of convenience for the Oxwall.org store - not the plugin. I see this type of review (but focused on different things) popular in the Oxwall Store's plugin review section. Most reviewers are basing their reviews on everything besides the actual plugin. Found that the plugin is causing a style error with another third-party plugin? They give it 1 star for that and that's it. Plugin set up is hard because it's an extensive plugin? 1 star.

I believe this is one of the more major problems with "bad plugins/themes" staying in the Oxwall store. People are using the review sections to judge the developer's communication and bugs about the item rather than how it worked or how it made a difference to their website. With more and more of these types of reviews growing, people make decisions to purchase based on the screenshots of an item, and only hope the plugin/theme will be good because the "most helpful" reviews were ones complaining about communication or a simple bug that has yet to get fixed. 

Reviews on an item in the store are meant to be about that item. Give a judgement and star count based on how the item worked, did it improve your website? How well did the plugin perform, and how much of the plugin meets Oxwall's model set up for themes? That's what a review should contain. Instead of receiving those reviews, however, we end up getting more things like such:

"1 star...

...bad plugin, developer doesn't reply at all."

Read that. Do you think that would tell someone curious in making a purchase/download of a plugin know anything? No. Now, I can understand if you get mad because a developer won't reply to your support queries but first look at their terms/policies: a lot of developers state they do NOT do support on Oxwall.org but their own websites. Understandable. Most people that leave these unhelpful reviews usually are the ones that simply try and message a dev on the Oxwall website.

Back on the subject of reviews and Oxwall: facing the facts a LOT of the oxwall community is people not well-versed (or not at all familiar) with programming, design, IT, or even how to use a FTP application or what a Database. This is one of the reasons (I believe) that the reviews aren't detailed or even focused about the plugin. It'd be great if everyone suddenly got knowledge of these things, but stuff like that doesn't happen overnight. You can fix this, Oxwall, I believe; by doing the following:

-Review Section on user's profiles to review the developer (only show if they have a published store item);

This way the reviews like "bad developer, doesn't give support" can be placed here.

-Put more focus on store item reviews;

Only accept item reviews that truly discuss and cover the plugin/theme and it's pros and cons and anything else will be denied.

-Newer plugin items should only be published if their design fits the Oxwall standard;

Lots of plugins get a bad wrap because their dev decides to use their own design, but it's usually bad. To be blunt, a lot of "aron's" plugins use their own design and they are very outdated and unattractive. People get unsatisfied with this and plugins should have their static styles revamped before being approved. This doesn't mean if it has it's own styles here and there it should be denied, but if it tries and use an entire whole style straight from '99 it should be denied.

Kostia
Kostia Nov 3 '14
Jake, if theme developers will make themes simmilar to oxwall deffault themes, will be no issues, because developers are makeing plugins working on deffault oxwall.

I have theme from 'ow wisuals' and still waiiiiting on fixing issues. 

----

On your reply: "a lot of developers state they do NOT do support on Oxwall.org "

i understood that hera are

* developers - who just created couple plugins (example for 1.5..1.6* version). Maybe they use it on their own web. Uploded it on ox store. And they are not interested to update it ( unlless they need it for their own)  I suggest to add some rules. If thiese users will not update ( 3 months after platform update) , some of oxwall team programmer could take thiese plugin. And we (customers) could pay him for update. 

* Developers - who have more than 10 plugins. Of course to update thiese plugins needs moooore time;) 

In my opinion, now on the store is enough good plugins. The biggest problem some of them is out of date. 

Abbey
Abbey Nov 3 '14
I think it's wrong to call a plugin crap because of your own personal experience with it, tammy says arons are crap, I used one of his plug ins for a long time and its wonderful.

There's so much noise and whining about plugins and devs outside where the whining should be, I also think oxwall should take more responsibility for what's in their store and what kind of support devs are giving, maybe more rules in place for having items in the store, if devs aren't going to provide a certain level of support for plugins or update them then they need to be removed from the store. People are paying money for some of these plugins and lack of support or updating is in my opinion a form of fraud.
Is there any protection implemented for the buyer of plugins? From Tammys growing list of crap plugins that have issues or don't work it looks to me as if she's been scammed out of a decent amount of money.
Do Oxwall even care?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '14
i have spent heaps of mony on plugin that just dont do what they say they will do 
the dev wont fix them 
the dev cant fix them 

if you use any of arons plugin do your self a favour run that page through a validator and you will see is so bad 
missmatched tage depresiated gtml

they are so crappy google and every other search engine will penilise your site and drop you out of search 

go anf read google webmaster guidelines his plugin break just about every rule in it

i have sent him fixed code and nothing is ever imploment into the plugins
he has admitted to me he knows sfa about html and php he uses generators to make them and glues them together  
if i was to list arons shit plugin problem i be here for 4 days 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 3 '14
start page even bypasses the htacees 
so if u have rules to stop bad bots miners etc or compression or casheing you have to set rules in a higher htacees  

this and all arons plugins are a complete joke 
Abbey
Abbey Nov 4 '14

Quote from Tammy i have spent heaps of mony on plugin that just dont do what they say they will do 
the dev wont fix them 
the dev cant fix them 

if you use any of arons plugin do your self a favour run that page through a validator and you will see is so bad 
missmatched tage depresiated gtml

they are so crappy google and every other search engine will penilise your site and drop you out of search 

go anf read google webmaster guidelines his plugin break just about every rule in it

i have sent him fixed code and nothing is ever imploment into the plugins
he has admitted to me he knows sfa about html and php he uses generators to make them and glues them together  
if i was to list arons shit plugin problem i be here for 4 days 

If this is true then you have in fact been scammed, have you contacted oxwall about the devs scamming people with plug ins that don't work.

As to Arons plugins, this is your personal opinion, like I said I have used a couple of his plugins for at least 2 years and had no issue at all.

And although I am having the same issue with the same plugin as you I'm probably going to insult you now, I find your approach to reporting issues bordering on rude, maybe is you were nicer and worked on your delivery of discussing issues and put your complaints across in a more structured polite way you may find devs are more willing to give you more help and resolve issues.
I have enough trouble trying to decipher what your trying to say I can't imagine how another person who's first language isn't english understands you.

Kostia
Kostia Nov 4 '14
i am useing also one of 'aron' plugin. Its auto submit and he fixed it to work friendly wih seo. Now keywords in 'tags' are fixed, and video links are seo friendly ( just on newsfeed it shows video/view...) He sended me this plugin to use for my own. So i have no complaints for his plugin at this time.

--------

The biggest problem as i said is dev who has just couple plugins and they are out of date. Some of them are really good, but..not updated and maybe will not be.

Thiese plugins just took some space on the store,,and if i suggest to anothe dev to creat simmilar plugin he is not interessted because simmilar (not updated) is allready on the store.

Will be better if any of oxwall dev will took thiese plugins and update, and customers could buy thiese plugins from him.  Because now..it is to much garbage on the store..

*plugin for 1.5..plugin for 1.6...

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 4 '14
i have tryed nicely but i keep getting bushit answer from dev 
and i have hed enough of the crap 
i have reporter lots to moderators and never received any response 

younett 
takes screen shot of problem on my site 
there snswer its my sever not there plugin
i send them screen shots the problem on there test site
there answer  we van not see the problem 
so i screen video the problem on there test site 
there answer  can you tell us how to fix it 

and there oxwall premium support 

when is sent arron 50 fixes for start page bad coding 
he tells me dont worry about that browsers can understand it 
the problem is so can google bot 

i even sent aron the bits in google guidlines that say if your script is like this and that google will punish your site ur search rankings  and his plugins break just about every thing in googles rules 

i asked 50 my members to try adds pro adsence and shop pro and not one could work out how to do it, even affer i put help text popup to try and enplane how to do it  

i am sick of the crap and being treated like im a dum girl that does not know what im talking about 

even after i show them the problem is on there test sites and every person that has posted a forum on that plugin i join there site and show the dev the problem is on every site they still say i dont know what im talking about and is my sever problem  
Kostia
Kostia Nov 4 '14
'aron' told me he is not friendly with google and with seo ;) are his plugin`s code clean - can`t say. 

Tammy, moderators e-mail:  moderation_team@oxwall.org

They responded me in every mail, but they wont help you with any plugin, because just developer can fix plugins.

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Nov 4 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 4 '14
download the free version this
https://www.freehtmlvalidator.com/

then put your url in and click validate 
it will even help you and show you how to fix it 

also this
http://www.powermapper.com/

down bottom put ur url in test website 

i have proved buy make 2 exact sites on muscle cars yes u read right lol

im a petrol head hehe

both exact same content
one with code messed up about half as bad as arons 

the other  on powermapper i got in the tp 5% of sites for good coding

after 6 months the good code site could find it in the top 5 results so its one the first page for every search keywords

the other crapy code site could not find it anywhere but google did index it bing didnt even index it  

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Nov 4 '14
Kostia
Kostia Nov 4 '14

Quote from Tammy download the free version this
https://www.freehtmlvalidator.com/

then put your url in and click validate 
it will even help you and show you how to fix it 

also this
http://www.powermapper.com/

down bottom put ur url in test website 

www.powermapper.com  - my page 90% of issues:) i know this, i had created also a forum topic maybe ~5-6 months before about this,. 

http://demo.oxwall.org/  90% the same.

some of my countrie TOP 1-3 sites ( news sites) with good seo has also  60- 90% issues. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 5 '14
i stand corrected arons doc wiki is a good plugin 

but now i am so confused because it uses default oxwall textra editor

and he has tell me over and over he does not know how to use default editor in shop pro and his other plugins
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 9 '14
now on show him he dose know how to include the oxwall default editor 

his answer has changed to you need to use mt wswg editor for security reasons 
the oxwall editor is not secure 

tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 9 '14
how about this answer on mobile app plugin 

my question

can you please make the plugin push notifications and mail to the mobile devices

dev answer 

this can not be done it requires oxwall core modifications 

hahahaha how stupid does the think i am

his answer should og been   i'm an idiot and dont know how to do it 
Pages: « 1 2