We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Billing Strip+Card not valid - Stripe Billing | Forum

James
James Oct 25 '14
I have been trying to set this up and all I get is a pop-up red box that says billing strip + card not valid?

I made sure all API codes and card using is right..

Thanks for your help
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Oct 27 '14
Hello James,

In most of the cases this happens when  you have made the mistake within the card number/name ( extra space for example).

1. So make sure one again that card ID and name are correct
2. Make sure that expiration date is correct
3. Try making a test purchase.
Testing card number can be found here: https://stripe.com/docs/testing
4. check ow_base_log database table, do you have anything related to stripe payment there ?
James
James Oct 27 '14
I made sure the card was right. I did it three times. It shows at my account at Stripe.

I even tried the testing numbers. I put my account in sand box and even at stripe I put it in testing.. Those cards do not work with just the number. Need the cvc.
James
James Oct 27 '14
Just tried two more time with the test cards and same thing. and nothing in the ow_base_log
James
James Oct 27 '14
I also just tried using it to upgrade an account and same error and buy credits..
James
James Oct 28 '14
Well even though this mod does not work for my site. Now I just got a message that I can not have that account. How can I go about for a refund??
Christoph Amrein
Christoph Amrein Nov 7 '14
I got the same Problem. Has anyone a Solution?
James
James Nov 18 '14
I can not use the plugin but I have the Zombiao plugin and the paypal plugin. Both of those I can not use the sandbox mode or test card mode. I got both to work I think but I had to pay to do it..
MacProcess
MacProcess Dec 1 '14
I have same issue with oxwall 1.7.2 and a SSL website. Even when I disable billing option, any credit card do not work.
MacProcess
MacProcess Dec 1 '14
I have this return message from stripe

• id: tok_5FRzmlefPoENJk
  • livemode: true
  • created: 1417451488
  • used: false
  • object: "token"
  • type: "card"
  • card:
    • id: card_5FRzon9mzylP3k
    • object: "card"
    • last4: "7210"
    • brand: "Visa"
    • funding: "credit"
    • exp_month: 9
    • exp_year: 2017
    • fingerprint: "iuyr6PtDT2lfpUGi"
    • name: "My name"
    • address_line1: "33 Cours Marc Nouaux"
    • address_line2: null
    • address_city: null
    • address_state: "RA"
    • address_zip: "33000"
    • address_country: "FR"
    • dynamic_last4: null
    • customer: null
    • type: "Visa"

James
James Dec 1 '14
Looks like it did not go though.. Says used: false
Did you check your strip account to see why it did not go though? Should show some kind of error at there end why it said false..
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 5 '14
Guys, everything should work. Please try to enable Sandbox mode to check whether the problem is in the card information you are using or in the stripe account settings or functionality. Try using test details mentioned here: https://stripe.com/docs/testing ;

Follow the instructions on how to enable Sandbox mode here: https://stripe.com/docs/tutorials/dashboard.

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jan 15 '15

The method you are talking about is checking whether the card you are using to place an order is active or valid. You shouldn't comment this method since it will lead the check failure. 

Zoli, before publishing the plugin, we carefully test its functionality and everything works at our test site. If you want we can test the stripe functionality directly on your site. Just PM us with your cPanel and site admin access details and we will be glad to check into this issue.

You do not have permission to reply this topic