We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall For Big projects? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
Hey

Does Oxwall is reliable for big projects ? can it handle thousands members?

i did install it 2-3 days ago and i see some plugins have bugs(ex:facebook connect) and as i see in plugins comments , maybe you buy a plugin but it wont works correctly when be installed (at least you should make sure it will work for u before pay!) .. So it made me twice thinking to use this script ...

back to my question

The Forum post is edited by Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 27 '14
Software can handle as many users as possible, it totally depends on the server capacity. 

What bug does FB connect have?

As to the third-party plugins issues you will need to contact plugin developers to resolve your issues with their plugins

Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
end in e500 with below errors :

Error details:Type:ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0, 1' at line 1File:/home/test/public_html/ow_core/database.phpLine:707Trace:#0 /home/test/public_html/ow_core/database.php(707): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/test/public_html/ow_core/database.php(305): OW_Database->execute('SELECT * FROM o...', Array) #2 /home/test/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(114): OW_Database->queryForObject('SELECT * FROM o...', 'BOL_User', Array, 0, Array) #3 /home/test/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_dao.php(164): OW_BaseDao->findObjectByExample(Object(OW_Example)) #4 /home/test/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php(334): BOL_UserDao->findByUseEmail(NULL) #5 /home/test/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/controllers/connect.php(92): BOL_UserService->findByEmail(NULL) #6 [internal function]: FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect->login(Array) #7 /home/test/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(263): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #8 /home/test/public_html/ow_core/application.php(327): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #9 /home/test/public_html/index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest() #10 {main}

ross Team
ross Oct 27 '14
what is the fb username you're trying to sign-in with?
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
jessy
ross Team
ross Oct 27 '14
you said you did install it 2-3 days ago, can you please check what is your FB connect plugin version: 

go to your cpanel or ftp

ow_plugins/fbconnect/plugin.xml file 

open it and check the build 4NUMBERS build line

Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 27 '14
Billy, can you please uninstall plugin completely, remove it from Available plugin section as well, download new one from the store and reupload it back, see if the problem persists. You have old plugin version. 
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
I changed , Current version is 8320

same problem

I see you demo has such problem too

ross Team
ross Oct 27 '14
Do you have any special symbols in your username or is it just jessy?
The Forum post is edited by ross Oct 27 '14
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
not symbols
Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
Ross

You know what . we used facebook other account on Firefox and it worked!

I used same account on Google chrome and i see e500 error!!!

Billy Pip
Billy Pip Oct 27 '14
Well , I tried few things to check it completely

I used 2 fb account and used both on firefox and Google chrome

Jessy isnt working at all but another fb works correctly

Have u any idea why that one doesnt works?

ross Team
ross Oct 27 '14
Billy, can you send me FB access details from that jessy account? I won't touch anything just see some things.
robi782
robi782 Nov 7 '14
Hi,

Unfortunately, the Facebook Connect does not work for me on the side. First ever get an error message when you enter the APP ID and the Keys.

Error message: ". APP configuration failed Please check your APP ID and APP your password."

When I go to new settings everything is suddenly available and I have no App-ID and more ... Enter Key ??? :(

But if I want to register or register with my Facebook account, is only the "e500.php".

In addition, the plugin is suddenly no longer in German?

How can I fix these three errors? :( Greetings & Thank you.

regards and thanks

ross Team
ross Nov 7 '14
You have old plugin. It's been fixed in the updated one. Uninstall it completely. Don't forget to delete it from the available plugin section. Download new one from the store and configure it according to the tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:facebook-connect
robi782
robi782 Nov 7 '14
i will test it :)

can you tell me why the german language is not set??? :/

ross Team
ross Nov 7 '14
Most probably the translation is not added you need to check it, but first follow the instruction above, to install the right version and properly configure the plugin, if the issue with the translation persists, I will give you the instructions how to check whether there's  a translation
The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 7 '14
robi782
robi782 Nov 7 '14
i intall the new version. it works but the language is not set in german :/

i install the plugin and test it on my test-system.
why i wont get a information in my live system that a update for the plugin is available?

one point is still critical - i set the point, that users cant change the nickname. when i login with the facebook test account i can change my nickname ... why that?

regards and thanks :)
ross Team
ross Nov 7 '14
Probably there's no translation in the language pack for the FB plugin. 

Go to the admin panel and do the following : 

instead of this url: www.yoursite.com/admin/languages

you need to enter www.yoursite.com/admin/dev-tools/languages

and search by the keys. 

First you need to choose facebook connect plugin section in the drop down menu to the left of the search text area, then type some keyword: http://www.oxwall.org/ow_userfiles/plugins/base/7074-language_de_not_work.JPG

for example fbconnect and check whether there's a translation for these keys shown in your screenshot. 

Pages: 1 2 »