We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall For Big projects? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
ross Team
ross Nov 7 '14
as to the not receiving information, make sure your cron job is properly configured

as to the username - FB plugin makes the username from the actual last name and first name

for example Smith John - the username will be smithj and we leave the option for a user to change the username, because probably a user does not like a real name to be displayed or would like more catchy username to be displayed. 

robi782
robi782 Nov 7 '14
ok ross, thank you ! :)

can you tell me on thing more?
where can i see the version from the actually fb_login_plugin?
i the live system i dont get a update info

regards and thanks
ross Team
ross Nov 7 '14
the actual version of the plugin can be checked in the plugin folder, file plugin.xml the line with the build, you can compare it to the ones you have downloaded from the store it is shown in the name of archive you're downloading
robi782
robi782 Nov 7 '14
i see the old version in my live system. 7145
a update ist not show at the admin panel ... why? :/

the actually version is 8320?

ross Team
ross Nov 9 '14
The most probable reason is that your cron jobs are not properly configured. See this tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron 

You can check other topic in the forum, where this issue been discussed: https://www.google.ru/?gws_rd=ssl#q=cron+jobs+are+not+working+oxwall+site:www.oxwall.org&newwindow=1

robi782
robi782 Nov 10 '14
cronjob is ok!
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
Please provide a screenshot of your cron job command.
Sascha
Sascha Nov 18 '14
We were facing the same issue: SQL syntax error near 'LIMIT 0, 1'.

Everything was set up properly: FB plug-in updated, no special characters in FB user name, cronjob running

However, we found a way to reproduce this error:

The error happens if the default e-mail address of the FB profile is not a real address, but a phone number.

In our case, the default e-mail address was a phone number because the FB profile was initially created using the FB app on a phone.

If the FB user changes his profile so that the default e-mail address is a real address, then FB connect works properly.
ross Team
ross Nov 18 '14
Thomas in the meantime our FB connect plugin does not work with the mobile phone number (digits) as a username or e-mail. 

I'll pass it to our developers it will be fixed asap.

Jimmy
Jimmy Dec 21 '14
Hello impossible to run the Facebook plugin. Yet I have followed the tutorial information but I have not the error message . " APP configuration failed Please check your APP ID and APP your password . " Someone would have the solution, Thank You Jimmy
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
Provide the screenshots of the FB app settings please. 
Jimmy
Jimmy Dec 22 '14

Hello, The screenshots of the FB app . 

Thank you Jimmy 

ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14
Jimmy, I will need access details to your FB account and admin details for the website. 

Also FTP access details. Please PM, I'll take a look at the issue. 

Pages: « 1 2