We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group Bug | Forum

Dominick
Dominick Oct 27 '14
I was invited to a Group a member made. I was invited with my normal user account (NOT the admin account). I accepted. I can't see the Group, or participate. When I login as admin, I can see my normal user account listed in the Group. I also used the Admin account to login as the creator of the Group and I can see normal user account. 

I posted another thread concerning how do I remove an account too.

ross Team
ross Oct 27 '14
Do you have any privacy set to the groups?
Dominick
Dominick Oct 28 '14
Yes. It's a private group.
The Forum post is edited by Dominick Oct 28 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 28 '14
No, I mean did you use privacy settings like who can see my groups - friends only or only me?
Dominick
Dominick Oct 31 '14
It is a private group. I accepted an invite but can't access it. The group shows I'm a member.
ross Team
ross Oct 31 '14
Dominick did you see my last question? Please reply. 
Dominick
Dominick Oct 31 '14
There are no privacy settings
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 1 '14
privacy settings on making the group is 2 tick items
Dominick
Dominick Nov 2 '14
I know. I don't have that plugin installed. Profiles are meant to be public. The group is a private group. It's not the only one on the site. The other private groups have no problems. The group creator invited my public user account. I accepted. I can't see the group still. When I login as the creator of the group, I can see that my public account is a member but can't see or access it.
The Forum post is edited by Dominick Nov 2 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 2 '14
Can you please PM me the details of the user (public account) and your admin details? I'll take a look at the issue. 
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
Dominick, we tried to test the issue you have reported, but could not reproduce the issue. 

The member can see the group he participates in the tab My groups. Can you please check that?