We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Emails sent, but no reply yet[Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Oct 29 '14
Hi,

I have sent a couple of emails using the Contact Us and I have not seen a reply yet. Do you guys check your emails or messages? I had a few questions and concerns and there was a lot that i said. It's really hard to repeat all of them. If it takes long for a reply how about if we are having issues with the software? How can we get help in correcting problems especially if it's a critical issue? Thanks.

Jasper

The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 3 '14
ross Team
ross Oct 29 '14
Use the forum section if you have issues with Oxwall software. 
Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Oct 30 '14
Are you the author/developer of oxwall or is authorized to answer some legal/policy questions with Oxwall software? My question was there is a Copyright text at the bottom left of the pages which I was told is ok to change to the Copyright of my site/Domain name. I am not stating the copyright of the code or creation of the software, but the copyright of the service of the site and Domain name. But there is also a Logo of Oxwall Software at the bottom right of the pages which I read in the Oxwall website that they prefer not to take it off or not allowed to take it off. The problem is there would be two business name at the bottom/footer of the site which is confusing to users and this is a problem (as far as I know) with Trademark laws that states "companies/businesses/organizations are prohibited in having marks/logos/name that will be confusing to customers".........that's not verbatim, but it is something to that nature. Now that will become a problem later on. I was requesting if I can take that out from that area, but if that name is necessary to be on the pages I suggested that why not make a sponsored/ad widget or place for it on the pages of the site that will direct link to Oxwall.org? I can even add something like that with a little bit more text, even logo, and add that logo/button that they require to be in compliance on the pages as Sponsored/Ad. Thanks.
ross Team
ross Oct 30 '14
Oxwall attribution link must be on all pages as it is now, unless you're eligible to remove it. 

Oxwall logo is there to show what software your website is built on. 

Copyright refers to the domain or company which uses Oxwall software. 

Anyway, you can make a donation of$50 and be eligible to remove the attribution link from your website. Then there won't be any confusion on the users part. 

Jasper Esmalla
oh ok........are you part of the Oxwall.org and will i get a letter of permission to remove the attribution link/logo/copyright or something to that nature once i made that donation? Where can i go to give the donation?
Jasper Esmalla
And also, where is the instruction to do that or the Oxwall team will do that for me? thanks.
ross Team
ross Oct 30 '14
you can make the donation here: http://www.oxwall.org/donation

as soon as we get the payment, we'll send you the instructions how to remove the attribution link from your website. 

Jasper Esmalla
Ok, and will i get a letter of confirmation that i received an approval/permission from Oxwall. Just for safety purposes that i will not get in trouble. that's all. Thank you.
ross Team
ross Oct 30 '14
You also can check if you're eligible to remove attribution here: http://www.oxwall.org/donation

at the bottom of the page. 

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Oct 31 '14
Do i need to have the site up and running before I can check if i'm eligible? I am changing the name so i want to transfer my contents to a new software. Would that be okay? So should I give the new domain name? Thanks.
ross Team
ross Oct 31 '14
Yes, we need to have the domain name which you're going to use and where you're going to install the software. 
Jasper Esmalla
Ok, so I need to give a donation (to you?) and then I need to put my new domain name in (check to be eligible) field and then that would be it? Do i get an email of confirmation? just needing clarification before i do this.......thanks.

Jasper

ross Team
ross Oct 31 '14
We receive donation

Enter your info in our list

Send you the instructions - this is a confirmation that we got the payment and entered you info in the list

After that you're eligible to remove the link and check it on the donation page. 

Jasper Esmalla
Ok, thank you.
Jasper Esmalla
Hi, I've been trying to get a hold of OW Visuals to purchase a there, but no one responds. Do you know if they still in development or are supporting their products? Are they still in business to develop Oxwall products (plugins/themes)? thanks.
Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Nov 1 '14
Hi, i have last question........what happens if i changed my domain name later on just in case, am i still gonna be covered for the attribution removal or i have to give another donation? And if i sell my site/service later, is that allowed without an issue or the buyer will have to also donate to get attribution removed? thanks.
ross Team
ross Nov 2 '14
Jasper,, one request per topic, please

If you have any question not related to the topic, you need to create a separate post with your question. 

as to your question regarding donations: what happens if i changed my domain name later on just in case, am i still gonna be covered for the attribution removal or i have to give another donation? 

you need to contact us with your new domain name and will change it in our database. If you want to remove attribution link on both websites you need to make another donation in order to be eligible to remove it. 

as to this question: nd if i sell my site/service later, is that allowed without an issue or the buyer will have to also donate to get attribution removed?

I don't understand please elaborate. 

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Nov 3 '14
what i meant is if a company/someone wants to buy the site later on, is it going to be a problem with attribution removal that you have granted me if the ownership of the site is transferred or the attribution stays with the domain name? And there is no problem with selling the site later, right? Thank you and sorry for the many questions.
ross Team
ross Nov 3 '14
attribution stays with the domain name, you or new owner of the domain can contact us and we'll change the name in our DB, 

yes, you can sell your site later

Jasper Esmalla
Jasper Esmalla Nov 3 '14
thanks for all your help

Pages: 1 2 »