We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

profile questions linking to user roles | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Siro
Siro Oct 31 '14
In the OXwall Blog there was this article of http://blog.oxwall.org/...on-july-8-beta-today where they takled of "New option to assign specific user roles for each account type".

Please help me see where this is done

Michael
Michael Nov 2 '14
Account type is different to user roles. You can assign different questions to different account types but cant restrict a question to a user role.

This can be done by going to the "profiles questions" under "users" in the admin panel. Its also a new feature of 1.7 so if you have upgraded yet you will need to
ross Team
ross Nov 2 '14
Go the profile questions section next to the account type you have an arrow with the drop down menu, click on the edit. You'll see the option to choose the user role for the account type. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 2 '14
ross will that then if users is say free roll free account and upgrades to payed roll will they get the questions for payed account if payed account is set default to payed roll
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Nov 2 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 2 '14
I'm sorry Tammy but this is the question to the plugin developer. I believe you're referring to some paid membership plugin aren't you?
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 2 '14
yes ross is payed membership and i just tested it and it not work 
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 2 '14
is big shame is a really needed feature
ross Team
ross Nov 3 '14
You will need to contact plugin developer on that issue. 
Siro
Siro Nov 7 '14
thanks guys for answering me I have done as told :
Quote from ross Go the profile questions section next to the account type you have an arrow with the drop down menu, click on the edit. You'll see the option to choose the user role for the account type.