We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fatal Error when I load up page | Forum

Josh
Josh Nov 10 '14
When I try to load my site, I get this fatal error:

Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/ftpusername/public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 34

Please how can I rectify this?
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
contact your hosting provider support team and request to enable mbsring module on your server. 
Josh
Josh Nov 10 '14
Hello Ross, I have had the mbsring module on my server but all I get now is a blank screen. What could be the problem now?
Josh
Josh Nov 10 '14
Hello Ross, I have had the mbsring module enabled on my server but all I get now is a blank screen. What could be the problem now?
ross Team
ross Nov 10 '14
You need to enable debug mode in order to catch the error

Check your error logs, probably something is there related to the time when the site went blank. 

What did you do before that started to occur?

Josh
Josh Nov 14 '14
Hello Ross, I had to uninstall the first installation I did and did a new one. However, when I tried to update the plugins I got the error below:

Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /home/alumni890/public_html/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php on line 436

Please help resolve!
ross Team
ross Nov 16 '14
Josh,have you tried to do the search: http://www.oxwall.org/...s%20%27ZipArchive%27

This topic has already been discussed a bunch of times, please do the search on the forum before posting.