We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error Uploading - Music Extreme | Forum

Josef
Josef Nov 13 '14
I get this error when i user try to upload an mp3 song

Fatal error: Call to a member function text() on a non-object in file-path/ow_plugins/musicextreme/bol/service.php on line 41

Josef
Josef Nov 15 '14
This error is caused because the file exceeded the upload limit , can we please have it modified that it alerts the user instead of giving error ?

Thanks

Roderick
Roderick Nov 17 '14
You have to set upload limit correctly, or contact your hosting provider to upgrade :)
Josef
Josef Nov 19 '14
I did set the upload limit correctly to 30 MB but if the customer try to upload a 31 MB file he gets that error 29 MB then ok , the problem is not with my hosting provider , it's with the script .
Roderick
Roderick Mar 12 '15
I can upload files of 100MB no problem, hosting problem
Josef
Josef Mar 13 '15
Roderick 

I limited the upload size to 30 MB in the software settings (nothing to do with the hosting), when the user exceeds this limit he gets that error instead of warning "Maximum file size 30 MB" ! 

Roderick
Roderick Apr 1 '15
Can you please show me?

Also please update the plugin

Maksim
Maksim Apr 16 '15
Как плагин работает?Покупать или нет?Показать демо!
Josef
Josef Apr 16 '15
The Plugin is the latest and what exactly do you want me to show you ?  after finishing the upload it goes to a new page with the following error :

Fatal error: Call to a member function text() on a non-object in /home/username/public_html/ow_plugins/musicextreme/bol/service.php on line 41

if i try to upload a file below the limit then it's fine but when it's above the limit i get the above error 

20 Hours a Day
20 Hours a Day May 22 '15
@Roderick, I think what Josef is trying to say, is that while he is limiting the files to 30MB in the plugin settings, he wants the user to be informed prior to upload that the file is too large, instead of a new page with a error.

Did this get resolved?
Roderick
Roderick Jul 6 '15
Aaah yes, we will add this in next update, good one thanks
You do not have permission to reply this topic