We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

error when logining! | Forum

jeo
jeo Dec 8 '11
For some reason i get a error message when trying to login on to my site, how can this be fixed? please tell me in simple steps. thanks
Keelan Leader
Keelan Dec 8 '11
Jeo more information....

What does this error message say?
Maybe link to your site so we can replicate?
Screen shots?

You need to provide as much information as possible for the best answer we cannot mind read :)
jeo
jeo Dec 8 '11
ok, what i mean is that all the pages keeps comming up with this message below!
Not Found

The requested URL /join was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Have a look your self try the join page www.chavspace.com/join it keep saying that. Plus it want let anyone log in keeps saying in a red box error. How can i sort this thanks.

Keelan Leader
Keelan Dec 8 '11
Is your .htaccess file in your root? 
what is the contents of .htaccess? (paste here)
Is your Oxwall install in a sub folder or root?
jeo
jeo Dec 8 '11
Do you mean have i got a sub-domain with an other script, if so yes im using a wordpress blog @ dev.chavspace.com that works fine far as i know. But ware can i find the .htaccess root file at in my cpanal thanks for your support :)
Keelan Leader
Keelan Dec 8 '11
Not in cpanel the .htaccess will be in your www or public_html folder that you can see via FTP and/or the file manager in the cpanel (with cpanel you will need to allow to see hidden files).
jeo
jeo Dec 8 '11
ok found it! Have a look bellow, is that it

Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^blog - [L,NC] AddEncoding gzip .gz AddEncoding gzip .gzip <FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$"> ForceType text/javascript </FilesMatch> <FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$"> ForceType text/css </FilesMatch> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC] #RewriteRule (.*) index.php
Keelan Leader
Keelan Dec 8 '11
Did you site work before the wordpress was installed?
jeo
jeo Dec 9 '11
yes! but the blog wouldn't work, so i told my host to sort it and they did but then my oxwall site wouldn't work :( could you send me the proper .htaccess or is mind rite?
jeo
jeo Dec 9 '11
iv sorted it now thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 9 '11
What was the issue, jeo? Share your solution, it might be helpful for other users in future.
jeo
jeo Dec 9 '11
Hello, all i did was uploaded a new script to a test sub-domain and copy & pest the .htaccess into my live site and it worked :) but now i cart get my wordpress blog site to work :( So i guess this isn't much help! sorry guys
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 9 '11
Is there a .htaccess file in the Wordpress directory? Can you display its content here? Some sort of conflict I guess.
Keelan Leader
Keelan Dec 9 '11
Isn't this related too: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/2833
jeo
jeo Dec 9 '11
yes kind of keelan, but i did that and still wouldn't work so i reinstall the blog on to dev.chavspace.com and still no better! the .htaccess for the wordpress blog is:
Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine On AddEncoding gzip .gz AddEncoding gzip .gzip <FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$"> ForceType text/javascript </FilesMatch> <FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$"> ForceType text/css </FilesMatch> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC] RewriteRule (.*) index.php
Keelan Leader
Keelan Dec 9 '11
Jeo?
Quote from aka_le_Mulder Is there a .htaccess file in the Wordpress directory? Can you display its content here? Some sort of conflict I guess.

Post the htaccess of the wordpress blog.

Something maybe conflicting between the two.
Michael Leader
Michael Dec 14 '11
This is a simple .htaccess from my wordpress which runs in a subfolder off oxwall.  No real issues. 

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

If your host sets up subdomains as dev.site.com and redirects it to site.com/dev  try logging into wordpress using both examples.

I had a similar issue with subdomains for other sites on a host runnign oxwall.  I knew it was a .htaccess issue and most likely an entry needed in the oxwall one.
Easier way I found round it was to purchase another domain and add it to the host.  For some reason problem solved.

The Forum post is edited by Michael Dec 14 '11