We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problem updating to 1.7.1[Solved] | Forum

Graham
Graham Nov 15 '14
I am getting the following errors when trying to update from 1.5.3 to 1.7.1

OW Debug - Warning

Message:mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission deniedFile:/home/*****/public_html/ow_updates/updates/6746/update.phpLine:183

OW Debug - Warning

Message:chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directoryFile:/home/*****/public_html/ow_updates/updates/6746/update.phpLine:184

OW Debug - Warning

Message:mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directoryFile:/home/*****/public_html/ow_updates/updates/6746/update.phpLine:185

OW Debug - Warning

Message:chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directoryFile:/home/*****/public_html/ow_updates/updates/6746/update.phpLine:186

OW Debug - Warning

Message:mkdir() [function.mkdir]: No such file or directoryFile:/home/*****/public_html/ow_updates/updates/6746/update.phpLine:187

OW Debug - Warning

Message:chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directoryFile:/home/*****/public_html/ow_updates/updates/6746/update.phpLine:188

OW Debug - Warning

Message:Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*****/public_html/ow_utilities/debug.php:214)File:/home/*****/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.phpLine:567

Process

I deactivated all 3rd party plugins

Set debug to true

Uploaded the update files

Used CHMOD to set permissions on ow_updates to 777

Ran the update

This is when I got the errors above. I'd be really grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction?

The Forum post is edited by ross Nov 18 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 17 '14
Graham

can you open your site?
do you have 1.7.1 version in the admin panel?
do you have any errors on your site if you can open the site?

Those errors you reported were displayed, because, for some reasons, you have not been redirected to the page where it says Update successfully completed. Your version is up to date and links to the admin panel and user side.

Keep us updated.
Graham
Graham Nov 17 '14
Thanks Ross I will try it again as for the moment I've restored the site from a backup.

I was concerned that it hadn't run properly as it failed to create a directory.

Will let you know the outcome.

Graham
Graham Nov 18 '14
I've now tried again and it all looks to be updated and OK. Thanks for the advise Ross 
ross Team
ross Nov 18 '14
Alright. Thanks for letting us know. I'm going to mark this post as Solved then.