We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Open Photo Site Crashes[solved] | Forum

inside83
inside83 Dec 19 '14
f@@k

whats the message?

blank page?

ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
Kelvin, remove the code, clear your browser cache, enable dev mode and refresh the website, disable dev mode. 
Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 21 '14
I just removed CloudFlare plugin then it works again.
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
ok, thanks for letting us know. 
daisy
daisy Dec 22 '14
Thanks for your informations.
inside83
inside83 Dec 23 '14

Quote from ross Request them to disable mod_security module or configure it properly
While I wait for Godaddy support, I have a question.

How come mod_sec is not an issue when I enter a gallery and then click on "Upload photos"?

If I do it like that, photos CAN be uploaded. But if I click on "Upload photos" from Photos page (mysite.com/photo/viewlist/latest), I get white line, like it's loading but doesn't load.

Also, for anyone's info, putting:

<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off

</IfModule>

in .htaccess file disables mod_sec ONLY if your server runs Apache v1

Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 23 '14
inside83 I have same question like yours too. I think it is a different upload JavaScript between Photo Album and Photo Latest section. I wonder if I can copy the worked one to another one that doesn't work.
The Forum post is edited by Kelvin Dec 23 '14
inside83
inside83 Dec 23 '14
@Kelvin

My point exactly

ross Team
ross Dec 25 '14
The same as for adding ads, it works on your website and it does not work on others who has mod_security module enabled. As I said it totally depends on this module settings. Hosting provider needs to configure it properly. 
inside83
inside83 Dec 25 '14

@ross

After like dozen of e-mails to Goddady's support, they wrote:

We disabled the mod_security rule being triggered on mysite.com, so the issue should no longer occur. If you have any further issues, please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Then I:

used Cache Extreme to clear cache,

cleared my browsers cache,

went to Photos,

turned on "Inspect element" in Crome,

clicked "Upload photos"

and still got white bar and the error message:

POST htt p://ww w.mysite.com/base/ajax-loader/component/?cmpClass=PHOTO_CMP_AjaxUpload&r=0.02785105397924781

How to be sure that they actually disabled mod_sec? 

The Forum post is edited by inside83 Dec 25 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 25 '14
check your server settings in phpinfo

go to the ow_includes/config.php file

open it and right after <?php put phpinfo();

save the changes and go to your website, you should see the table of server settings

ctrl +F and see if there's a security module enabled on the server. 

Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 25 '14
inside83 never trust Godaddy... I did contact Godaddy like dozen times too !! They never do anything on mod_security on Shared Webhosting. They are selfish and lazy. One of tech told me to pay $80 for turn off mod_security....
Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 25 '14
Actually I like Godaddy's extremely fast hosting speed. It is like top 1 speed I have ever tested. But very poor tech support team.... check it out. Somebody already discussed about Godaddy mod_security problem on cPanel. Actually Godaddy's cPanel is not full version of cPanel. They took out some features like mod_sec setting.

It is the link that already been discussed.

https:///....php?postNum=2234263

inside83
inside83 Dec 25 '14
@ross

I did that and there is no mention of mod_sec (or any other Apache module) in phpinfo

This is the screenshot (also in the attachment):

http://i.imgur.com/JjcBe1O.png

@Kelvin

I have some 10 web sites + clients e-mail on Godaddy + I my hosting does not expire for another 10 months

So I REALLY would not want to be forced to change hosting provider because of this

The Forum post is edited by inside83 Dec 25 '14
Attachments:
  2014-12-25 17_39_15-phpinfo().jpg (2137Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 26 '14
Inside, I don't see the phpinfo, it's too small. 

If you still have the problem with the photo upload as far as I remember with video adding as well, therefore the module is not disabled. 

inside83
inside83 Dec 26 '14
@ross

I was skeptical to say the least but FINALLY, Godaddy has fulfilled my request!!!

After all the nagging to @ross, crunching through this and other forums, constantly writing to Godaddy's support, trying to disable mod_sec by myself (and failing) only to figure out that my server runs on Apache 2 (and consequently having mod_sec2 and not mod_sec1 which can be easily disabled through .htaccess file)...I really don't know how I feel...

Should be a victory, but I'm just too damn exhausted

So, to conclude, I have a big THANK YOU to @ross and @Kelvin and all the others who tried to help me and put me on the right path (Godaddy's support staff excluded).

To anyone else who has Godady's hosting I have two things to say:

- be persistent (if you are a hardheaded jackass like me) or

- go find yourself a new hosting company because it would so much less time and effort consuming to migrate everything to a new hosting than to go through what I have gone through

ross Team
ross Dec 26 '14
Great. Thanks for letting us know. 
Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 26 '14
so you mean Godaddy solved your mod_sec2 issues ? Did they just put .htaccess file to make a rule for mod_security ? If so, can you provide the code inside of .htaccess for us ? I need a easy way to modify mod_security rules.
inside83
inside83 Dec 26 '14

@ross

Thank you for putting up with me.

Now I've tried to embed some video from YT, but I get the same error as I described here:

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12080?page=4#post-128565

Is it possible that they (Godaddy) configured mod_sec for photos but not for videos or this is another issue entirely?

@Kelvin

I know what you mean bro, but the file is the same. It seams to me that mod_sec2 can not be disabled through .htaccess, only mod_sec1, but here it is:

Options +FollowSymLinksRewriteEngine On
AddEncoding gzip .gzAddEncoding gzip .gzip<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">  ForceType text/javascript</FilesMatch><FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">  ForceType text/css</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.phpRewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]RewriteRule (.*) index.php

inside83
inside83 Dec 27 '14
@ross

Never mind.

Godaddy just configured mod_sec so that the pictures could be uploaded the proper way.

Now they have done the same with videos.

Now, FINALLY, everything seems to be in order.

Pages: « 1 2 3 »