We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Different rolls - User Credits | Forum

James
James Nov 20 '14
Ok I have the different rolls set up. On for free and one for VIP.. I set up different actions and credit costs for both..

Now as admin if I upgrade the member to VIP. Then the actions and credits costs should fall inline with what I set up for the VIP actions and costs.
They don't. That stay with the free actions and costs.

How do I set it so they get the VIP actions and credit costs?

I have gone on the profile and in moderation drop down. I have tried the change roll and no difference and also tried the Edit Membership to VIP with 9999 days and still no change in credit cost or credit actions.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does it work if it is not admin making the change and a real payment goes though?

Any help would be great..
James
James Nov 24 '14
Does anyone else have this problem or could help?
James
James Nov 28 '14
So if you have two user groups set up. (I know people that have this plugin has different user groups set up.) If you don't let the links for the free user group, but on your VIP user group you charge them 500 credits.
Your VIP user group goes off and tries to make a link. It will not let them. Because there still on the damn free user group settings even though you made sure there on the VIP user group..

This plugin is junk and does not work. The developer does not even reply when he charges you 99 for something that does not work. How can this plugins be sold on Oxwall? Does Oxwall not care or even re-look at the plugins after they messed up and approved them? Oxwall needs a way better system to remove plugins that the developer does not care to fix. But I see they are putting out more with out fixing the junk they already have out.
The Forum post is edited by James Nov 28 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 4 '14

James, sorry it took a while to respond. Let's try to figure it out.

First of all it's better to have Free role, you can simply disable all actions for this role and create several roles in addition with the  necessary settings.

As far as I have understood you have difficulties with the relationship between Roles feature and User Credits plugin. Could you please describe in more details the way your site is configured and how it should be configured to achieve your needs. I will be able to find a possible solution for you basing on the provided information.

Also, please check my answer in the following thread: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/27875?page=1#post-125909

Most probably it will help you to understand the way the system works.

You do not have permission to reply this topic