We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Blog Update Broke my site | Forum

Jason Hendrix
Jason Hendrix Nov 25 '14
There was an update for the site. I updated and got the following error
Fatal error: Class 'BOL_ContentService' not found in /home/hccscru/public_html/ow_plugins/blogs/classes/content_provider.php on line 198

I can't access my site at all now.. Can someone please help me on this issue?
Jason Hendrix
Jason Hendrix Nov 25 '14
I copied the blog folder over and deleted its entirety from the plugins section and was able to pull my site back up. Would still like to know whats going on with this..
this is line 198
  OW::getEventManager()->bind(BOL_ContentService::EVENT_COLLECT_TYPES, array($this, "onCollectTypes"));
Jason Hendrix
Jason Hendrix Nov 25 '14
I had a copy of the old blog. I deleted the new blog with the new update that apparently is breaking the site. I've copied the old blog files back over and it seems to be working. Please keep me updated or posted on this new blog updated.

ross Team
ross Nov 25 '14
Have you updated platform first and then plugins?

Go here: /ow_system_plugins/base/bol/ and make sure there's a file content_service.php

ross Team
ross Nov 26 '14
You need to disable blog plugins via phpmyadmin

Go to ow_base_plugins table locate Blogs row and put 0 in the column isActive

You will have an access to the admin panel. You will need to do the update of the platform. Then update the rest of the plugins. 

For the future reference, always do update of the platform first, then plugins. Make a backup beforehand. 

Jason Hendrix
Jason Hendrix Nov 26 '14
Thank you Ross, i'll try this later.  Rebecca, if you need a copy of the old blog folder,I can send you  a copy.. In the meantime I suggest SAVING your current Blog folder to your desktop. Then completely deleting the blog folder on the server via FTP. That should help you get your site back up and going. Go ahead and update the Oxwall site itself, then drop the folder back into the plugins. That should work for ya! If not, just shoot me a  message and i'll send ya my copy of the old blog files which are the most recent ones BEFORE this current update.  Be sure to back up your site before you Update ANYTHING just incase this happens again.

Cheerio

Jason Hendrix
Jason Hendrix Nov 26 '14
Or you can do it the way Ross suggested :) He's the expert after all! :)
ross Team
ross Nov 26 '14
Rebecca, be more attentive, I said via phpmyadmin in your Database
Ivars
Ivars Nov 27 '14
Hello Rebecca does it worked for you??Ive got same probleme with newsfeed , but I have acces to admin and when uploud new newsfeed its coming back with Class 'BOL_ContentService' not found in /home/onerdv/public_html/ow_plugins/newsfeed/classes/content_provider.php on line 210
ross Team
ross Nov 27 '14
Rebecca +1
Ivars you need to update your platform first, then plugins
read my reply here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29115?page=1#post-123971
just do it for the newsfeed plugin, as per instructions for blogs.
Kirk Williams
Kirk Williams Dec 14 '17

Quote from ross You need to disable blog plugins via phpmyadmin

Go to ow_base_plugins table locate Blogs row and put 0 in the column isActive

You will have an access to the admin panel. You will need to do the update of the platform. Then update the rest of the plugins. 

For the future reference, always do update of the platform first, then plugins. Make a backup beforehand. 

Thank you Ross!  My issue was slightly different, but disabling via PHPmyadmin as you suggested worked beautifully!

There really should be some kind of warning to update the platform before plugins...    oh, wait a sec...   LOL!

Live and learn.  Thanks for your guidance