We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

500 after updating to 1.7.2 plugin - Mailbox | Forum

Harry
Harry Nov 26 '14
Have updated my core to 1.7.2, then attempted to update the forum plugin.  Initial update went without a hitch until it prompted to update the database, then upon doing so it threw a 500 error ( apache sourced, not oxwall).  Turned on debugging and still received the apache 500 error.  Cleared the cache etc with no change.

Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Which is why I always make a copy of the site and do it there - because now the site is inaccessible.  Not only did I have to restore the previous plugin code, but also the db.  And it wasn't enough to just restore the mailbox tables - I had to restore the entire db.  Again.

Same thing happened with the Forum plugin and a few other core plugins.
The Forum post is edited by Harry Nov 26 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Nov 27 '14
Harold, when you click on the update database, the software runs the update.php file which in the folder of each plugin. After that the plugin tries to connect to your database and something happens.
We do not know what exactly, from the top of our heads, something is related to the mysql limits or connection limits, you need to contact your hosting provider and request info why the 500 error occured, they could trace the origin of the issue.

Also you can check error logs, probably there's something as well.
By the way, what is your hosting provider and hosting plan?
Harry
Harry Nov 27 '14
OK, I'll check the db limits although to my knowledge there are no limits where this would be concerned; however, it does seem that not all of the statements were executed.  I was actually able to sort this out shortly after I wrote this ( my apologies but I am not able to remember what I did as it was in the wee hours of the morning).

Thanks!
You do not have permission to reply this topic