We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Page Background Customization href tag | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
John Stanford
John Stanford Dec 14 '11
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where (in the code, not the admin panel) the background is generated. I would like to wrap an href tag around it.

I'm thinking it is most likely one file that is being included in all others.  Similar to an ASP <!--include file

btw... I am using Macabre theme.

Any help?  Thanks  :)
The Forum post is edited by John Stanford Dec 14 '11
Joe
Joe Dec 15 '11
I don't know exactly what you're trying to do but I can tell you that Macabre theme uses the image page-bg.jpg.
In the base.css it's on Line 3285 -
.ow{
    background-image:url(images/page-bg.jpg);
    background-color: #353535;
}
You might also look in master_pages/general.html and dndindex.html for what you're looking for.

Hope that helps somewhat.

John Stanford
John Stanford Dec 16 '11
@Joe - Thanks Joe.  Changing the background wasn't a problem.  What I'm trying to do is find the page that generates the code for the browser so that I can wrap an href tag around it.

Something like this...
<a href="SomeonesSite.com" target="_blank">This is the background image code</a>

I don't think you can do this in CSS.  You can designate the backgound image in CSS, but not put an href tag on it.  It must be in the actual html/php code somewhere.

I'm fairly new to PHP, but I looked at the two files you mentioned and didn't see where the code for the background is generated.

If anyone can help here, it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 16 '11
John, can you describe what for do you want to make background image a link? What is the purpose and how should it work?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Dec 16 '11
Advertising probs Mulder. Like full background ads.

Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 26 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.