We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Messages Notifications Won't Reset | Forum

ross Team
ross Dec 17 '14
Wait for the fix, please
inside83
inside83 Dec 17 '14
so 2 means the recipient has read the message and 3 means both the sender and the recipient have read it?isn't it kinda contradictory?if the recipient has read the message (option 2) then logically both the sender and the recipient have read it
Quote from Hybrid82

"2" and "3" you can leave put as 2 stands for the person who received the message has read it - and 3 stands for both parties have read it.  But 1 stands for only the sender of the message has read it

UTAN
UTAN Dec 17 '14
Hi,

+1 on @Vladimir Bach

This bug needs to be fixed..
Hybrid
Hybrid Dec 17 '14

Quote from inside83 so 2 means the recipient has read the message and 3 means both the sender and the recipient have read it?isn't it kinda contradictory?if the recipient has read the message (option 2) then logically both the sender and the recipient have read it
Quote from Hybrid82

"2" and "3" you can leave put as 2 stands for the person who received the message has read it - and 3 stands for both parties have read it.  But 1 stands for only the sender of the message has read it

I'm not the one who developed this plugin.  So I can only safely assume those numbers are there for a reason.

If you follow that small guide I wrote, the issue goes away for good.  The only way that I can think of that the devs of this plugin can fix this issue is by writing a string of code that auto-deletes all "mailbox_chat" messages permanently from the database as that is where the issue lies.  But in doing so, you would lose all those messages via the IM chat.

So your next best thing, if you do not want to lose ALL the mailbox_chat (IM chat) messages, you will need to do some clean-up on your database and follow that guide I wrote up.  It will fix the issue and will not get rid of ALL the IM messages you may have.

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/29195?page=3#post-127021

inside83
inside83 Dec 18 '14
@hybrid82

So, basically, you need to run update query:

UPDATE ow_mailbox_conversation

SET `read`='3'

WHERE `subject`='mailbox_chat_conversation' AND `read`<>'3'

UPDATE: Strangely enough, it really works :)

The Forum post is edited by inside83 Dec 18 '14
Mashoor Classified
Mashoor Classified Dec 21 '14
+++hybrid82 (Y) 

Björn
Björn Dec 22 '14
I am astonished that Oxwall wasn't even able to provide such a simple fix for this issue, even as an interim. This is a problem having affected lots of sites and its weeks after and no information has been published about the problem, an interim solution or anything from the supplier. I really like your product, but Oxwall, please improve your communication regarding those issues and what your plans are in addressing them.

Thanks to all the users, especially Hybrid82 on the help!
Wilson
Wilson Dec 22 '14
Hey Bjorn
Quote from ross Guys, I have reported back to the developers. I'll get back with the reply from them or a fix asap.
and
Quote from ross Wait for the fix, please

I see two post by Ross responding to this issue. The fix your using could be or not be  the real fix for the plugin even thoe your problem has been resolved. In regards to your comment "no information has been published" well I see at the top of this page "Messages Notifications Won't Reset" so this issue has been published to everyone.

Also take in mind that its Christmas Holidays...so things might be a bit slow! But be assured that a REAL fix will be posted by Ross as soon as they get it done or if Ross confirms your fix as the TRUE fix to use.

Please be patient, there working on it as reported by Ross!

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Dec 22 '14
DeFender
DeFender Dec 23 '14
I have newly installed messages and after two weeks I have 1 unread.  :(
Jenn B
Jenn B Dec 23 '14
Also have this problem for some users on our network.
Silvio
Silvio Dec 25 '14
same problem here for just a couple of users... i've tried the inside solution to update query but still have the problem.. cleared cache, rebooted (also server :D ) and did not worked ...
inside83
inside83 Dec 25 '14
@Silvio

sorry to hear that

what was the message you got when you ran the "my" query?

do you have any results when you run:

SELECT * FROM ow_mailbox_conversation

Silvio
Silvio Dec 25 '14
yes.. it says...

mysql> SELECT * FROM ow_mailbox_conversation WHERE `subject`='mailbox_chat_conversation' AND `read`<>'3' ;
+----+-------------+----------------+---------------------------+------+---------+--------+------------------+-------------+---------------------------+------------------------------+---------------+----------------------+
| id | initiatorId | interlocutorId | subject                   | read | deleted | viewed | notificationSent | createStamp | initiatorDeletedTimestamp | interlocutorDeletedTimestamp | lastMessageId | lastMessageTimestamp |
+----+-------------+----------------+---------------------------+------+---------+--------+------------------+-------------+---------------------------+------------------------------+---------------+----------------------+
|  7 |          19 |              2 | mailbox_chat_conversation |    1 |       0 |      1 |                0 |  1419409848 |                         0 |                            0 |             0 |                    0 |
|  8 |          23 |             26 | mailbox_chat_conversation |    1 |       0 |      1 |                0 |  1419501148 |                         0 |                            0 |            76 |           1419503304 |

but do not tell me what it means :D

Silvio
Silvio Dec 25 '14

Quote from inside83 WHERE `subject`='mailbox_chat_conversation' AND `read`<>'3'

Nvm Inside.. just to try i've gave again the command.. and now worked.. probably i've made some mistakes before... thank you for the help ;)
DeFender
DeFender Dec 25 '14

Quote from inside83 @hybrid82

So, basically, you need to run update query:

UPDATE ow_mailbox_conversation

SET `read`='3'

UPDATE: Strangely enough, it really works :)

testing :)

Fred
Fred Dec 25 '14
Wow, this is an annoying little bug... I'm such a dumbass, I keep checking the 1 unread message, LMAO.

Still no update fix to the plug in?

inside83
inside83 Dec 25 '14
@Silvio

Glad it helped but real kudos goes to Hybrid82

@DeFender

Make sure to get back with the results :)

@Fred

Try the query above, until they come up wit a solution

Joe Roberts
Joe Roberts Jan 2 '15
The lack of feedback from the developers lately has me wondering if they think they've fixed the problem.  I have installed their "fix" and I just got a new message on my site and after responding to it, the indicator still showed the new message waiting.  I don't wish to keep manipulating my SQL database since it clears ALL new message indicators including the legitimate ones people may be relying on to inform them of new messages.
DeFender
DeFender Jan 2 '15

Quote from inside83 @Silvio

Glad it helped but real kudos goes to Hybrid82

@DeFender

Make sure to get back with the results :)

@Fred

Try the query above, until they come up wit a solution

@
inside83 danke , it is working 100% OK
The Forum post is edited by DeFender Jan 4 '15
Wilson
Wilson Jan 2 '15
hey Joe,
Quote from Joe Roberts The lack of feedback from the developers lately has me wondering if they think they've fixed the problem.  I have installed their "fix" and I just got a new message on my site and after responding to it, the indicator still showed the new message waiting.  I don't wish to keep manipulating my SQL database since it clears ALL new message indicators including the legitimate ones people may be relying on to inform them of new messages.
That's because the fix has NOT been posted by Ross or confirmed that the temp fix your using is the TRUE fix...but be assured they are working on it!

Wilson
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »