We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Messages Notifications Won't Reset | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Jan 27 '15
Hey Steven,

Yes this is open source script and the more the community participates and offers there input is always great for all of us for sure. I know the Oxwall dev team is working hard on this and many other issues that (we) what seams like test users have repotted...besides 1.7.2 is only 2 months, a fix for this and others will be in the next core update I'm sure...that should becoming out in the next month or so...that is if they stay on track with previous core release's.

Well this is all kind off the true topic and I don't want to get Ross and others mad so let's wait for the dev team.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Feb 18 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 3 '15
i re installed the messages plugin last night to fix every ones accounts on my site and it fixed the problem with the stuck notifications but when i woke up today i have a stuck notification now. im looking in the sql database in the message conversation table and i changed all read notify and viewed to 0 but it still shows 1 message is there something else i need to change in the sql?
JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 3 '15
Arons Mail Box Pro Did the trick for me. Now everything works fine now. Thank you for mentioning it. 
Quote from Steven
Quote from Wilson Well that may be good for you Steven but as you have stated "The only inconvenience in using my script is it resets every users messages notifications, weather user has read them or not" tells me this is not the right TRUE fix then...I'll wait for the Oxwall team to fix there script the right way with NO issue instead of piecemealing it together. Just my view that's all. But again thanks for the input on this issue.

Wilson
Wilson,

This is just a temporary fix and our solution to the problem. I think we all would like the official fix but as this is FOSS sometimes that can take some time for the devs to correct. In talking with my technical support team I have learned that because this is a default plug-in, a true work around  solution would be to purchase a third party mail/messaging plug-in from the premium section of the oxwall store. This would fix the issue more permanently and you won't have to wait for a fix of the free plug-in. Also, third party plug-in devs also offer much faster plug-in fixes than the default plug-ins do. Just a thgought if you don't want to wait for the fix of the free one. We are planning to purchase the Mail Pro plug-in fron the dev "Aron". But, the ultimate decision is based on the preference for your own community. Just because something works for one community doesn't mean it is a one size fits all solution. Do what is best for your own community but we will continue to donate our experiences to the oxwall community to provide others options and encouragement to contimue to develop this great software.

Thanks,

Steven

Social Reconnection Community

The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Feb 4 '15
Kev
Kev Feb 4 '15
Quote from JoshWho Arons Mail Box Pro Did the trick for me. Now everything works fine now. Thank you for mentioning it. 
Yeah, I bought this plugin as well. It's not the prettiest in the world, but it has solved the problem for my users.
Steven
Steven Feb 4 '15

Quote from JoshWho Thanks, Steven Social Reconnection Community
Joshwho,

Just glad our suggestion could help you. Let us know how it is working in a week.

Thanks,

Steven

Social Reconnection Community

JoshWho
JoshWho Feb 5 '15
i will do 
Simone
Simone Feb 18 '15
Hi,

maybe I have an Idea but I need your help... 

Please check this post forum: www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/22959

What do you think? 

It need some Custom modification (for attachment). 

Thank you

Simone
Simone Feb 24 '15
Aron has update his plugin.

In settings choose to hide chat message in mailbox so you have 2 separate mailbox system and users will be happy to this, it's more comprensible

Kim
Kim Mar 2 '15
Could we please get a fix on this issue soon?
Or can someone tell me if the solution postet by Inside83 really works?

Best regards Kim

inside83
inside83 Mar 4 '15
@Kim

It really works :)

Nickolay
Nickolay Mar 13 '15
Maybe the same or similar bug. We use only Chat mode on a project, and every time some user clicks on Send Message button that actually only opens chat, the recipient get +1 on his/her notification panel thought there's still nothing to read (and it cannot be erased untill sender really writes something). So I fixed it this way, open \ow_plugins\mailbox\bol\conversation_dao.php, find MAILBOX_BOL_ConversationDao::getMarkedUnreadConversationList() method and add:

$ignore .= ' AND `conv`.`lastMessageId` != 0';

right before:

$sql = " SELECT `conv`.`id` FROM `" . $this->getTableName() . "` AS `conv`.....

So we just make sure there's no notofications for empty conversations without any messages present.

The Forum post is edited by Nickolay Mar 13 '15
JoshWho
JoshWho Mar 13 '15
So far that is the best solution i have heard about this besides paying for a plugin that makes it work. Great work +++++++ 4000   and mad kudos.  I wonder why the core developers couldn't think of that.
Quote from Nickolay Maybe the same or similar bug. We use only Chat mode on a project, and every time some user clicks on Send Message button that actually only opens chat, the recipient get +1 on his/her notification panel thought there's still nothing to read (and it cannot be erased untill sender really writes something). So I fixed it this way, open \ow_plugins\mailbox\bol\conversation_dao.php, find MAILBOX_BOL_ConversationDao::getMarkedUnreadConversationList() method and add:

$ignore .= ' AND `conv`.`lastMessageId` != 0';

right before:

$sql = " SELECT `conv`.`id` FROM `" . $this->getTableName() . "` AS `conv`.....

So we just make sure there's no notofications for empty conversations without any messages present.

ben
ben Mar 18 '15
i just updated my site, it's looks like not messages plugin issue. i think it's something wrong with core update. when updating i get 1 unread message befora updating mailbox plugin. even i didnt get any message i get 1 unread message and it wont dissapeared after i update all plugin. always get 1 unread message
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '15
guys, please be patient, this is a bug in the messages plugin, the fix will be provided along with the others bug fixes in the plugin update. I'll let you all know here. 
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '15
Maxim, create a separate post with your issue as yours has nothing to do with the topic. I have deleted your post
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 18 '15
Christer
Christer Mar 18 '15
Hey Ross, Ok sounds good but could you give a hint when? I mean hard to say exact and this I understand but is it the close coming days, or weeks or even months?
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '15
I can't tell you that. I don't have such info.
ben
ben Mar 19 '15
Just fyi, im also installed fresh oxwall 172 and im not get this problem,
Jordi
Jordi Apr 4 '15
any news about this bug?

ross Team
ross Apr 5 '15
Jordi, we're going to have an update soon, it will be fixed there. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »