We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Milking the money - Premoderation | Forum

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Nov 28 '14
I swear all of your plugins ask for rediculous funding...
Elvis
Elvis Nov 28 '14
plugins prices are completely absurd
Kelvin
Kelvin Nov 30 '14
yeah this plugin worth about $5 not $99.....
Jason
Jason Dec 1 '14
I have this plugin as part of my skadate application. Doesn't work.
Users can add avatars and I am not given the opportunity to premoderate. :(
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 5 '14

Jason, the avatar premoderation works correctly. If a user changed their avatar, it appears in the list of content for approval.

The only thing is that Premoderation plugin does not include the avatar moderation in case the avatar was uploaded during the registration process. We believe that the avatar that was uploaded on the registration should be checked within the user profile approval process.  

Josef
Josef Dec 7 '14

Quote from Jason I have this plugin as part of my skadate application. Doesn't work.
Users can add avatars and I am not given the opportunity to premoderate. :(
I have wasted my money on skadate , they took out very good features from oxwall , like the possibility to decide if the messages are chat or mail , they decided to make it only chat which sucks . they have removed the Mobile version and you have to buy it from them for $99 , they removed the list all members . and many other things !
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Dec 11 '14

Josef, the changes made in the SkaDate software have nothing to do with the plugins we sell at Oxwall. If you have problems or suggestions  - please contact SkaDate software support department directly.

The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Dec 11 '14
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 13 '14
Looks like a nice little plugin....

BUT $99 ?????????????????????

What planet did Skalfa come from?? Are they TRYING HARD to NOT make any money?

"Let's spend our talent and time developing a plugin, then price it so that NOBODY will buy it."

ROFLMFAO!!

Kelvin
Kelvin Dec 13 '14
Skalfa LLC thinks everyone here are rich. so he is gonna sell everything $99... the reason is he needs to feed a lot of staff. and he never know sell $10 is much better then $99... $10 = Buyer 1000+. $99 = Buyer less 10. Do your math which one make more money ? Check it out why App Store always sell App for $0.99~$4.99. Because you got much much more buyers.
Michael
Michael Feb 18 '15
Haha $99 I'll happily pass on this one, like all the rest of your plugins :p

Its funny the original developer of Oxwall is gonna be the one to kill it off
Kieron H Leader
Kieron H Feb 18 '15
I have to agree with everyone here that all the original developers (Skalfa LLC) are very high priced and I don't own a single one of them for this reason, however I also think $5 would e a bit cheap so maybe $25-$30 would be more reasonable.
The Forum post is edited by Kieron H Feb 18 '15
Sean
Sean Feb 18 '15

Quote from Kieron I have to agree with everyone here that all the original developers (Skalfa LLC) are very high priced and I don't own a single one of them for this reason, however I also think $5 would e a bit cheap so maybe $25-$30 would be more reasonable.
Developers should by no doubt be paid for their work, but some prices are simply outrageous. Also I think it's simply outrageous how they bump up the usercredits plugin price by 50 USD when they added a simple little widget that just prints your balance. I could make that little piece of code. It's like a 5 line piece of PHP, and I don't even know PHP. You just gotta query the DB to search for the users ID then print the string in the credits column or whatever.
The Forum post is edited by Sean Feb 18 '15
Lech Sakhar
Lech Sakhar Apr 7 '15
Well, all their plugins are technically very good, no problems of updating, conflicts... The thing is Skalfa is making money with Skadate, it has nothing to do with oxwall users -or even oxwall plugins buyers- . If you are a new skadate client, you make this calculation: you sum the amounts of the plugins you get with skadate then you compare oxwall free plus the plugins. Obviously, you buy skadate! So 99$ is not for you nor for any individual it is to be bought in the global package! Cheers, good marketing!
Unus
Unus Feb 28 '16
"The only thing is that Premoderation plugin does not include the avatar moderation in case the avatar was uploaded during the registration process. We believe that the avatar that was uploaded on the registration should be checked within the user profile approval process"

I am in IT business as well, and I can smell BS a mile away, this is BS.  with all due respect I am saying this, I really appreciate your work and efforts.

If my intention IS to moderate Avatar then I should be able to do it no matter if user changes the avatar at registration or in any other moment. Please correct this plug in to work correctly. Or add an option to switch from what is doing now to what it suppose to do normally :)

thank you

Unus
Unus Feb 28 '16
can you please answer if you will make the corrections I mentioned or not? 
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 29 '16
Unus, the post you are talking about is very old (Dec 5 '14). The avatar moderation has been implemented about a year ago. Please check how it works at our demo site: http://oxdemo.skalfa.com/
Unus
Unus Feb 29 '16
yes, I did check how it works. is great except that one thing about avatar. if you check to moderate just the avatar nothing else, when a user registers and it is choosing to define an avatar I do not get a notification in the moderation panel that an avatar has been changed (in this case created).

this is not right. 

cause in my community a new avatar showed up and it is was not moderated.

this is still true as far as I can see:

"The only thing is that Premoderation plugin does not include the avatar moderation in case the avatar was uploaded during the registration process. We believe that the avatar that was uploaded on the registration should be checked within the user profile approval process"

what if I do not want to go through user profile approval but only avatar approval/moderation? the current implementation is not allowing me to do that. 

The Forum post is edited by Unus Feb 29 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic