We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Update problems.... 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 | Forum

Stephen
Stephen Nov 28 '14

I used the back up feature in Softaculous and then I upgraded from there. Now nothing works. I can log into admin and that it all. The front end of the site is not working at all. http://aniridia.ca/

Is there anyway to recover this? If the Softaculous backup worked how can I use that back up to recover my site?

Stephen
Stephen Nov 28 '14
I found the back up. I backed up the files and the database.... Do I just unzip and over write everything?
Stephen
Stephen Nov 28 '14

Error cut n paste

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

If you are the site admin, click here for details (+)

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action. Error details: Type:ExceptionMessage:SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'g.status' in 'where clause'File:/home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/database.phpLine:707Trace:#0 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/database.php(707): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/database.php(275): OW_Database->execute('SELECT COUNT(g....', Array) #2 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_plugins/groups/bol/group_dao.php(244): OW_Database->queryForColumn('SELECT COUNT(g....', Array) #3 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_plugins/groups/bol/service.php(265): GROUPS_BOL_GroupDao->findMyGroupsCount(1) #4 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_plugins/groups/classes/event_handler.php(968): GROUPS_BOL_Service->findMyGroupsCount(1) #5 [internal function]: GROUPS_CLASS_EventHandler->onCollectQuickLinks(Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector)) #6 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/event_manager.php(222): call_user_func(Array, Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector)) #7 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_system_plugins/base/components/quick_links_widget.php(45): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(BASE_CLASS_EventCollector)) #8 [internal function]: BASE_CMP_QuickLinksWidget->__construct(Object(BASE_CLASS_WidgetParameter)) #9 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/ow.php(483): ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs(Array) #10 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/ow.php(447): OW::getClassInstanceArray('BASE_CMP_QuickL...', Array) #11 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(306): OW::getClassInstance('BASE_CMP_QuickL...', Object(BASE_CLASS_WidgetParameter)) #12 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_entity_panel.php(204): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->renderView() #13 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_smarty/template_c/e18e5a45bcef77c9adb4a26572e86bd2d8e7f723.file.drag_and_drop_entity_panel.html.php(116): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropEntityPanel->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #14 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_5478f51d388c87_15460885(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #15 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/canuckcl/...') #16 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/renderable.php(271): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/canuckcl/...') #17 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_Renderable->render() #18 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(156): OW_Component->render() #19 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(182): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->action('dashboard', 1, false, Array, 'drag_and_drop_e...') #20 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->dashboard(Array) #21 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #22 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_core/application.php(329): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #23 /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/index.php(73): OW_Application->handleRequest() #24 {main}

Stephen
Stephen Nov 28 '14
I did not do anything that I was supposed to do because I simply did not know! I was in my server and saw an update available so I clicked back up and they clicked upgrade. I think the restore options is my only option...?
Jimmy
Jimmy Nov 29 '14

Hello impossible this new version 1.7.2 to have the moderation tools that could help me please?

You Tnk JImmy   

The Forum post is edited by Jimmy Nov 29 '14
ross Team
ross Nov 30 '14
Stephen, I entered your website: http://aniridia.ca/ seems like you have restored it already. 

Please if you do the update again, follow instructions from here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/24133

ross Team
ross Nov 30 '14
Jimmy, what is your request? I don't understand, please elaborate. 

If you mean the note No items, as soon as any user flags something like photo or video, or some post, you'll see the item there for you to approve it or delete. 

Jimmy
Jimmy Dec 1 '14
Hello I have several problems with this new version : 1 Users do not receive email notifications ( past activities ...) 2 The Administration Tool does not work ( no evidence ), I can not endorse their photos, avatar ... 3 Plugin Newsfeed Twitter trend makes me a 500 error I had to disable
Thank You Ross
ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
First of all Jimmy, one request per topic. 

Users do not receive notifications, have you searched the forum for the posts with the similar issues? Have you followed the instructions provided there? Please paste the links to those posts?

The moderation works. Has any of other users flagged anything?

As to the Newsfeed Twitter plugin, I need to see the actual error first, enabled debug mode and copy the error here. But, in advance I can say that most probably it is related to the plugin itself and you will need to contact plugin developer to resolve the issue. 

Jimmy
Jimmy Dec 1 '14
OK Ross Thank you. 
Stephen
Stephen Dec 19 '14

Hello all. Sorry for the long delay in returning to the site. To recap, I upgraded my site without following any proper instructions. I restored my site from a  back up. It appears to be working.

I was about to run the upgrade now but I realize that my software says that it is 1.7.2 as opposed to 1.7.1. Some information from the failed upgrade must have survived on the sever? Do I just leave this as is and wait for the next update?

Stephen
Stephen Dec 19 '14
Update - I am performing tons of platform updates... Almost everything is being updated one plug in at a time.
Stephen
Stephen Dec 19 '14

Came to an error updating plugins

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'ON_AFTER_PLUGIN_UPDATE' in /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php on line 464

Will nto let me update any more plugins I always get this error now.

Stephen
Stephen Dec 19 '14
It appears that the updates are working but that error comes up after they are installed. The rest of the site appears fully functional.
ross Team
ross Dec 22 '14
can you please attach here your ow_core/event_manager.php file in the zip or rar archive?
Stephen
Stephen Dec 23 '14
Sure, I will do that in a few hours.
Stephen
Stephen Dec 23 '14
Here you go. The error is always the same type but a different line depending on the plugin. This is the most common line
Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'ON_AFTER_PLUGIN_UPDATE' in /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php on line 464
Attachments:
  event_manager.php.zip (2Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 25 '14
Stephen, you still have 1.7.1 files. I compared the one you sent me with the one in 1.7.2 version, they are different, which means you have not restored your website properly to 1.7.1

You need to restore your backup properly then follow the instructions from here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/24134 The instructions apply to updating from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 as well

Stephen
Stephen Dec 26 '14

Ok, I just tried again. I do recall this error the last time

• File /home/canuckcl/public_html/dir/ow_userfiles/plugins/social_sharing/default.jpg already exists and is write protected
  • There was some error while unzipping the backup files

• I assumed that this was all related to the default.jpg but perhaps there are more that are not unzipping.

Stephen
    Stephen Dec 26 '14
    Also, after the restore this is what I see when I go to the admin Platform version 1.7.2 (build 8520) So, not all files are getting restored. Might just be easier to reinstall the site from scratch.
    Pages: 1 2 »