We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No "Links" plugin and button at my new site | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Peter Guo
Peter Guo Dec 1 '14
I just installed a new oxwall site, but I could not find the "links" plugin and button at my site. That is to say, registar can't add an URL to the site. It used to be there with the older vision. I searched the plugin store, and did not find, either.

Thanks in advance.

The Forum post is edited by Peter Guo Dec 1 '14
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Dec 1 '14

Quote from Peter Guo I just installed a new oxwall site, but I could not find the "links" plugin and button at my site. That is to say, registar can't add an URL to the site. It used to be there with the older vision. I searched the plugin store, and did not find, either.

Thanks in advance.

Plugin | Links

Even if you had the plugin and then installed/Activated it it would cause a e500.php error
The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Dec 1 '14
Peter Guo
Peter Guo Dec 1 '14
I just want a "links" like the demo site. The links pulgin was workign fine with the old vision.
ross Team
ross Dec 1 '14
Peter, if you're referring to the Links plugins

1. make sure plugin is installed and enabled on your website

2. go to the pages and menus section in the admin panel make sure the menu item is visible for guest or registered members and it is not among hidden pages. 

Keep us updated. 

Peter Guo
Peter Guo Dec 2 '14
Thanks for your help. I have been looking for the "links" plugin at the backend, but just could not find it. It used to be installed in default.
ross Team
ross Dec 2 '14
Do you have it in the available plugins section?
Peter Guo
Peter Guo Dec 2 '14
I did not find the default links plugin in the available plugins section. I even checked the recently downloaded oxwall installation package, and there is no such pulgin, either. So I tried to install the links pulgin from an early vision oxwall 1.6 and I got the below error.

Message:Argument 1 passed to LINKS_CLASS_EventHandler::onCollectEnabledAdsPages() must be an instance of BASE_EventCollector, instance of BASE_CLASS_EventCollector givenFile:/home4/mosttwo1/public_html/superzh/ow_plugins/links/classes/event_handler.phpLine:218

James
James Dec 2 '14
I have attached mine that I downloaded a few weeks ago for 1.7.1.. I wanted that on my site aswell. Still works for me without errors or the e500 page
Attachments:
  links.7549.zip (78Kb)
Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Dec 2 '14

Quote from James I have attached mine that I downloaded a few weeks ago for 1.7.1.. I wanted that on my site aswell. Still works for me without errors or the e500 page

Much thanks, that version worked like a charm..
Peter Guo
Peter Guo Dec 2 '14
Thank you so much, James. You are really helpful.
ross Team
ross Dec 2 '14
Quote from Peter Guo I just installed a new oxwall site, but I could not find the "links" plugin and button at my site. That is to say, registar can't add an URL to the site. It used to be there with the older vision. I searched the plugin store, and did not find, either.

Thanks in advance.

Peter, what version did you install which was missing the links plugin?

Peter Guo
Peter Guo Dec 4 '14
oxwall 1.7.2,the very recent one. 
Peter Guo
Peter Guo Dec 4 '14
Quote from James I have attached mine that I downloaded a few weeks ago for 1.7.1.. I wanted that on my site aswell. Still works for me without errors or the e500 page

But this links plugin is not working with me. www.superzh.com
ross Team
ross Dec 4 '14
Peter, can you PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, I'll take a look at the issue. Besides, if you have 1.7.2 version you need to install the latest version of Links plugin not the one James provided. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 4 '14
Tom
Tom Dec 24 '14
Removing the "Links" option is a pretty dumb move on OxWall's part.