We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Pages permissions? | Forum

Marcus
Marcus Dec 7 '14
I have my site set up so that guests can't view is but I have a few pages that I would like them to see they contain policy content.

Terms of views page does show for guests but the rest ain't? How to fix it?
ross Team
ross Dec 7 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Marcus
Marcus Dec 8 '14
anyone please help?
Marcus
Marcus Dec 9 '14
nobody knows how to make this work?
Marcus
Marcus Dec 10 '14
Thanks buddy very much. The problem is the custom pages are not showing the content and get redirected to sign-in page! However for some reason "Terms of Use" is showing the content!
Marcus
Marcus Dec 14 '14
Guys come on please anyone?
Marcus
Marcus Dec 14 '14
Buddy thanks for conforming this bug I hope they will fix it cause it's kind of important for me as in those pages I have really important info for users!
Marcus
Marcus Dec 15 '14
Hi this is cause I use signin page as the landing one!
Daisy Team
Daisy Jan 19 '15
Guys, this is not a bug. For now, if you made your site private, the only way to make the custom page to be available to guests is to add the exception like it was done for Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Contact us pages. Please check the  /ow_core/application.php file to see how it works for the Terms of Use page.

Here is the function:

if ( UTIL_String::removeFirstAndLastSlashes($value->getUri()) == 'terms-of-use' )
            {
                OW::getRequestHandler()->addCatchAllRequestsExclude('base.members_only', $staticPageDispatchAttrs['controller'], $staticPageDispatchAttrs['action'], array('documentKey' => $value->getKey()));
            }
        }