We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

developer 'aron' - dont buy any plugins from him!!! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 16 '14
I think Aron is one of the fastest thinkers in this game. I think i have almost every plugin he has made and just changed some stuff here and there and they are very nice plugins. Also when ever i need support he is always like clock work and helps me with a issue. Evan when it sometimes isn't even his plugin he will help me. I really appreciate Aron's dedication to oxwall and i think he should get some kind of gratitude.
tammy harris
tammy harris Dec 16 '14

Quote from JoshWho I think Aron is one of the fastest thinkers in this game. I think i have almost every plugin he has made and just changed some stuff here and there and they are very nice plugins. Also when ever i need support he is always like clock work and helps me with a issue. Evan when it sometimes isn't even his plugin he will help me. I really appreciate Aron's dedication to oxwall and i think he should get some kind of gratitude.
every word you just said is complete bullshit 
Kostia
Kostia Dec 16 '14
that morron aron blocked me :D 
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 16 '14
everyone should report to the moderation team ... against him..  
tammy harris
tammy harris Dec 16 '14

Quote from Edward Azahar everyone should report to the moderation team ... against him..  
i have already

mayb if enough ppl speak up they may listen 

on thing but i think aron may be getting worried as i just got an update in admin for his adsence plugin
i have not looked at it completely but there a few things in it fixed that i have been banging my head against the wall trying with him to fix for long time
but it still not good enough to use on any website  

tammy harris
tammy harris Dec 16 '14

Quote from S.Williams Oxwall needs to implement a Terms and Conditions for their forum. I've never been part of a community before that allows such childish play, we are all adults here.
I'm all for voicing an opinion and trying to make a change, but there's no need to be talking so much trash, this is ridiculous.
We are all for fixing problems in the store but the way some people are going about it is very unprofessional, take it up with that particular Dev and Oxwall.
If it's so bad then leave and go somewhere else.
we have tryed for 12 months with some dev and get no where with them and there plugins that dont work

and have sent the info to oxwall moderator team and no answer in over 6 months on any problems with dev and there plugins 

so what else can ppl do but to trash ahole dev in forums so more ppl dont get scammed and ripped of by ahole dev and plugins that dont work and that the dev just wont fix or just dont care  

as long as they get there money they dont give a rats ass if there plugin works or not 
tammy harris
tammy harris Dec 16 '14
there plugins in store for $30 that have been there for almost a year and half that have not worked one day since they was put in the store 

and the last answer from the dev was sorry tammy your support period is over we can no longer help you 
if you want more help with our plugin you will need to re buy it it get more support 

even after prove to them it dont even work on there demo sites the dev still wont kix them 

so i say evey one speak up on ahole dev and there crap plugins and something may get done about it because doing it the right way does not work
The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Dec 16 '14
Christer
Christer Dec 16 '14
S. Williams I agree with all you writing, I have similar experince as you with other dev and with Aron only good experience. Never any big issues and I always get help fast from all dev. I have 39 different 3 party plugins and all works great.
I have to say the rating system is useless if the dev have to ok or not the review given so that is bad but then on the other hand. it need also to be controlled or else it will be the other way around that good plugins can get bad reviews by competition just to hurt there business so its a balance that will not be easy.But still all this bashing is damn annoying to get in every post on the forum so please run the normal channel, contact the dev, then the mod team and if not that works its ok to publicly complain but ONE DAMN POST IS ENOUGH and then let the rest of us enjoy the forum in peace and help each other.
The Forum post is edited by Christer Dec 16 '14
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Dec 16 '14
Quote from S.Williams Tammy I understand what your saying and I understand why your mad, but trashing Dev's/Members here on the forum isn't going to change or solve anything.

There just not enough people leaving ratings after they purchase a plugin. Maybe Oxwall should somehow make it so it was required to leave a rating (that can't be deleted by the Dev, unless Oxwall investigates a rating and decides it needs to go).

If there was more negative ratings for a certain plugin, no one would buy that plugin. Then the Dev would either have to step up his/her game and get better at programming, or go elsewhere.

As far as Aron goes, I don't know why you have such a hard time with him. I own 3 of his plugins. The first one worked right away with no issues, the second one I had to mess around with the css to get it to look ok and the third one I had to PM him to help me fix it. When I PM'd him with my issue, he answered me back within 24 hours, the following day there was an update in the store. It does show me that he cares.

Aron never asks me to just communicate with him on his website, I only communicate with him on here.

When I pay for a plugin do I expect them to work out of the box, as advertised, with no issues? Absolutely! But as everyone knows this wont always be the case.
Anybody paying for anything would have those same expectations. If it's a free plugin that's a different story.

I just don't think talking trash and bashing someone by name is the way to go.

Quote from Christer S. Williams I agree with all you writing, I have similar experince as you with other dev and with Aron only good experience. Never any big issues and I always get help fast from all dev. I have 39 different 3 party plugins and all works great.
I have to say the rating system is useless if the dev have to ok or not the review given so that is bad but then on the other hand. it need also to be controlled or else it will be the other way around that good plugins can get bad reviews by competition just to hurt there business so its a balance that will not be easy.But still all this bashing is damn annoying to get in every post on the forum so please run the normal channel, contact the dev, then the mod team and if not that works its ok to publicly complain but ONE DAMN POST IS ENOUGH and then let the rest of us enjoy the forum in peace and help each other.
Williams and Christer, I also support your suggestion of make rating on store items complusory.

The discussion you both are having with tammy will go no where and ultimately will get locked or something.It has happened with me previously!

Kяuncн Leader
Kяuncн Dec 16 '14

Quote from Christer S. Williams I agree with all you writing, I have similar experince as you with other dev and with Aron only good experience. Never any big issues and I always get help fast from all dev. I have 39 different 3 party plugins and all works great.

I 2nd this, no reason at all to bash others here, where all here for the same reasons, to share helpful information and learn, with everyone working together in harmony we can achieve this limitlessly, harsh bashing etc can only hinder our progress, constructive criticism yes, nothing wrong with this, SO FFS
EVERYONE!,, -
Can't we all just get along?

The Forum post is edited by Kяuncн Dec 16 '14
Durlabh Ashok
Durlabh Ashok Dec 17 '14
Kяuncн, I agree with you.
Quote from S.Williams
Quote from Durlabh Ashok

The discussion you both are having with tammy will go no where and ultimately will get locked or something.It has happened with me previously!

Or something? Did you mean deleted? I'm totally against plugin ratings being deleted.

Threads like this one though, should be deleted in my opinion. It's not the way to go about things, it wont solve anything, it's just ridiculous.

I also support this. I, at first tried you tell evryone who had problems with developers that this is not the right place to discuss it, What do I got in reply? Everyone said that I am probably a guy working with that developer and trying to help him in out.....

I was not pleased with that reply, I felt terrible when I saw the replies

Here's The Topic

The Forum post is edited by Durlabh Ashok Dec 17 '14
Den Team
Den Dec 17 '14
Hello guys,

Looks like we have to sort this out again. I've already replied to topics like this one, please, read my response and our team position.

To whom, who has had a bad experience with plugins/developers:

we understand your disappointment by having a negative experience with some developers. This could happen sometimes, because it is all about software/bugs/features/specific requirements. And customer's negative experience is what we want to reduce with Oxwall as low as possible. And that's why we have introduced a "rules of game" like reviews, polices, approve process, etc.

And we should follow them if we want to increase the quality, together. 

Please, use all introduced ways to share your experience in proper places of Community. Do not spam whole public forums, otherwise, the team will have to take actions.

Thank you.

The topic is closed.

Pages: « 1 2
This topic is locked