We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Mailbox plugin issues , Oxwall 1.7.2 | Forum

UTAN
UTAN Dec 8 '14
So I am having issues after upgrade.. I wanted to keep it simple and allow only mail in the plugin settings..

Unfortunately this doesn't work as intended, you do get a message but it always says 15 in the message text box ->>> that happens when u send message to the user , when the user replies back it's texts is just fine as intended..

I had to disable mail and set chats in the plugin setting...

Any pointers.. I have default plugins and have no error in my server log or the internal software log system...

Appreciate ur support.
UTAN
UTAN Dec 8 '14
Weird, I don't have that bug in my testbed... different PHP version I think..
Still looking into it..
UTAN
UTAN Dec 8 '14
Disregard second post, it does happens on tesbed system..
ross Team
ross Dec 8 '14
Neuman, I'm sorry I don't understand what the issue is. If I'm wrong correct me. The mailbox console says 15 unread messages, even though you read every. Is it the problem?

Or you can't switch to the mailbox mode only in the mailbox plugin settings?

UTAN
UTAN Dec 9 '14
No, the text message says 15 instead of the message the user sent..

And only occurs when the first sent the message and the receiving user opens it sees the message 15..

Then the receiving send back its received correctly...
UTAN
UTAN Dec 9 '14
I have reinstalled the plugin , when reinstalling all message plugin databases get erased, then is rebuilt..

Even so I still get the bug.. regardless if its database is rebuilt..
ross Team
ross Dec 9 '14
Ok, I see now. 

Neuman, do you use any caching system or plugin on your server or website. 

If so, purge the cache, clear your browser cache, enable dev mode and refresh the website then disable dev mode again. Check if the issue persists. 

UTAN
UTAN Dec 9 '14
I have default plugins and for caching system to what u referred? .
UTAN
UTAN Dec 9 '14
The only caching system i have is APC, and it would do anything because in my testbed I don't have APC installed for PHP...

Same server Ubuntu, same mysql version and PHP version, same for both testbed and Main server.
ross Team
ross Dec 9 '14
Alright, in this case, clear your browser cache, enable dev mode and refresh the website then disable dev mode again. Check if the issue persists. 

If it does, please PM me your Cpanel access details and admin access details. I'll take a look at the issue. 

UTAN
UTAN Dec 9 '14
Ok, I logged in with different accounts and couldn't duplicate bug...

If I logged in into my account, and the bug is back.. must be something to do with database pertinent to my account..

Will look into it.. will corroborate this info..

Thanks mate.. I'll be back if problem persists.
ross Team
ross Dec 9 '14
Anyway, keep us updated. I'm waiting for you access details to look into the issue. 
UTAN
UTAN Dec 21 '14
@ross, it seems that my users are having my same issues with some messages starting with 15 as message content ..

Please let me know if u still want to check my database to PM you with credential..
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
Yes, sure, please PM me your Cpanel access details and admin access details for the website. I'll take a look at the issue. 
UTAN
UTAN Dec 21 '14
Hi ,

I just sent u my credentials.
ross Team
ross Dec 21 '14
See my Pm I can't reproduce the issue on your website.