We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Group - Bug - Editing name heading or discription + photo placement | Forum

idea
idea Dec 21 '11
Dear
i found a bug that if you once created a group say "abc" with discription say "xyz" and you have uploaded a photograph for that group then 
if you want to 
# change the "abc" to say "ABC" will not allowed it will say a message that the group is already exist.!
#if we upload photograph that is a little more large in hight to the site's default then it will not allow you to adjust which portion of photograph you want to show..!
Michael I.
Michael I. Dec 26 '11
# change the "abc" to say "ABC" will not allowed it will say a message that the group is already exist.!
Thank you for the report. Will forward it to our team.

#if we upload photograph that is a little more large in hight to the site's default then it will not allow you to adjust which portion of photograph you want to show..!
Can you specify the issue? Screenshots are appreciated.
idea
idea Dec 28 '11
ok
second issue i think ok actually i didn't noticed the "crop" function.. sorry for that..
but here one more thing i faced is that why the below given ".gif" file is not working as it is ? when i uploaded it as my avtar.
there should be compatibility of such "gif" file.. isn't it?
Attachments:
  flag.gif (53.13Kb)
idea
idea Dec 28 '11
here in post also it doesn't work as it should be ..!
please open the attached file in new tab for the exact original file for your reference.
Michael I.
Michael I. Jan 5 '12
Uploaded images are converted to jpeg format. That is why gifs are not working the way they usually do.
Piers J
Piers J Oct 24 '12

How is that possible; to upload any jpeg since the allowed formats are as indicated as Acceptable file types: JPG/PNG/GIF. File size limit is 2 Mb.

I would also like to upload   jpeg pictures  but cannot do that currently because the settings are fixed as described above.  please advice on how to add other formats here.

I am using Oxwall version 1.2.4  supplied by hostgator
Purusothaman Ramanujam
What ever format you upload, it will be converted to JPEG.
Piers J
Piers J Oct 24 '12
This message is diaplayed when jpeg file is uploaded in avatar section -

base+not_writable_avatar_dir
Piers J
Piers J Oct 24 '12
Nope , does not load into normal photo area either.
Piers J
Piers J Oct 24 '12
please check out  the site    http:www.chutpatti.info  ; and try it out for yourself .  No photo files load up .
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Make sure you have your ow_userfiles and ow_static folders and all its subfolders has 0777 access.
Piers J
Piers J Oct 25 '12
You are now talking in developers or programmers language which I am not. 

I hope there was a simple drop down menu like so many other features within the script which can make easy set up.  
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Sorry if you feel so.. But actually its not in developers language.

There is no simple drop down menu or any such feature. There will be lot of folders/directories in your cpanel or in your server. The ow_userfiles and ow_static and ow_pluginfiles are few of them.

If you are not sure who to do it, please contact your host provider to make all content and sub-directories inside these 3 folders with the permission 0777.