We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

{{{sigh}}} As Totally Expected, Problem with Oxwall Update {{{sigh}}} | Forum

Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14
I just updated to 1.7.2, and the dropdown menus in the console when hover do not work.

I have deactivated EVERY SINGLE PLUGIN one by one. Now only the bare few native plugins remain, still the dropdown menus in the console do not work. 

I can't even sign out of my site.

So....what now?

ross Team
ross Dec 9 '14
Try to clear the browser cache, enable dev mode and refresh the website, then disable it. Check if the issue persists. If it does, pm me your Cpanel access details and admin access details. Keep us updated. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14
Also, drag and drop menu items won't work either. Christ almighty, I wish ONE SINGLE UPDATE could happen without it turning into a 3 day long hair-pulling load of frustration and failure. 

I'm really thinking that $600 for a professional social network script would be well worth the money. I'm getting really frustrated with AMATEUR scripts.

ross Team
ross Dec 9 '14
No need to panic, have you done what I told you to?

If yes and it did not work, please check your firebug console in the Firefox for any javascript errors. Make a screenshot of the errors https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 9 '14
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14
I am not sure if this is what you needed, I don't really know of these tools, but maybe this will help. See attached.

I did clear the browser cache in dev mode, didn't work.

The Forum post is edited by Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14
Attachments:
  js-error.jpg (58Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 9 '14
Jobee, please share your url. As you can see there's some javascript error. Have you inserted any 3rd party javascript code on the site, for example in custom html widget or any other way?
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14

Quote from ross Jobee, please share your url. As you can see there's some javascript error. Have you inserted any 3rd party javascript code on the site, for example in custom html widget or any other way?
No, the site worked fine before the update. I didn't add anything. After the update....all fucked up. 
Peter
Peter Dec 9 '14
Same problem here. Same js error. When I deactivated "messages" plugin, problem gone.
I uninstalled the 1.7.2 messages plugin and I used 1.7.1 plugin, (+I loaded the plugin DB tables from the database backup 1.7.1 beacuse of messages history) now its working fine. Waiting for update or bug fix.
The Forum post is edited by Peter Dec 9 '14
dave Leader
dave Dec 9 '14
You should really change the title of your post. 

{{{SIGH}}} AS TOTALLY EXPECTED, PROBLEM WITH OXWALL UPDATE {{{SIGH}}}

is not a valid post topic, how is that going to help anyone who might have the same issue as you.    Also have you tried to update your js. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 9 '14
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14
Woke up to a new update for the messages plugin. Updated it, no fix, problem still persists. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14

Quote from Peter Same problem here. Same js error. When I deactivated "messages" plugin, problem gone.
I uninstalled the 1.7.2 messages plugin and I used 1.7.1 plugin, (+I loaded the plugin DB tables from the database backup 1.7.1 beacuse of messages history) now its working fine. Waiting for update or bug fix.
Yep! I deactivated messages plugin, problem gone. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a back-up. So once again, me and 1800 site members find ourselves at the mercy of Oxwall. 

The Forum post is edited by Jobee Bendijo Dec 9 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 9 '14
Jobee,the details you gave me are not correct, I can't login to the admin panel, it says login is invalid. Also, I need details to the Cpanel, to look at your database, please
The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 9 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 10 '14
The problem was that you renamed htmlarea.js to htmlarea_KOPY.js
I don't understand why you did that.I changed the name ot htmlarea.js now it works. Please check.
ross Team
ross Dec 10 '14
Peter PM me your Cpanel and admin details, I'll take a look at the issue.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 10 '14

Quote from ross The problem was that you renamed htmlarea.js to htmlarea_KOPY.js
I don't understand why you did that.I changed the name ot htmlarea.js now it works. Please check.
I didn't do that. How could that happen? I certainly wouldn't even know where to find that file. That is very strange. 

ross Team
ross Dec 10 '14
I don't know how. It was obviously done manually _KOPY.
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 10 '14

Quote from ross I don't know how. It was obviously done manually _KOPY.
Yes I agree. But I will eat an elephant turd if it was me who did it. 
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Dec 10 '14
anyway, bottom line is, you found the problem and fixed it. For that I am very thankful.
ross Team
ross Dec 10 '14
No problem.

Quote from ross Peter PM me your Cpanel and admin details, I'll take a look at the issue.

Peter
Peter Dec 10 '14
I looked at the file htmlarea.js and it was also renamed as htmlarea_KOPY.js.
I renamed it back and now it is fixed. Thank you. btw I did not rename the original file to _KOPY. It's weird....
Pages: 1 2 »