We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Incorrect Response when opening widget properties 1.7.2[Solved] | Forum

Harry
Harry Dec 12 '14
Just started happening today - I open any widget properties panel ( whether for the dashboard or profile pages ) and I get an incorrect responce display, as well as the box itself being mangled and the html not being processed.  See attached as I have debugging enabled.  I also received the following in my console:

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS

What has changed since it worked?  I disabled/enabled the search plugin, and I copied back the original 1.7.2 system_tools onto my site.   

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 16 '14
Attachments:
  incorrect.jpg (105Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 12 '14
Notices are related to the antispammer and menu plugins. You need to contact plugin developers to resolve this issue

as to the widgets issue - we cannot reproduce this on our demo website or test websites. Please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details.

Harry as I said, there was something wrong with your update. Do you have a backup to restore and run the update again?

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 12 '14
Harry
Harry Dec 12 '14
The messages I fixed myself, they of course were not critical.  I may have a backup;  but either way I'll do the update again.  OK, thanks Ross.
The Forum post is edited by Harry Dec 12 '14
ross Team
ross Dec 12 '14
Harry, if you provide me with the details, I'll be more than happy to check it for you. I won't touch anything just check around, server settings, database, code etc. Do some testing on the user end
Harry
Harry Dec 16 '14
I do most appreciate your great support, Ross. But that's not necessary - I do love to tinker, as a programmer myself ( though php is not my strongest suit ).  Nevertheless, I heeded your wisdom of a few days ago and accepted that the upgrade went badly ( since I have another 1.72 site that upgraded and did not have these issues at all ).  So, I did a clean install of the full product and then copied over the appropriate data.  And now with my testing I am not seeing any issues at all. 

Ross, again, +++.

Harry
Harry Dec 16 '14
so this is resolved.  ;)
ross Team
ross Dec 16 '14
Alright, thanks for letting us know.