We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Moderation problem after translation [Solved] | Forum

Silvio
Silvio Dec 13 '14
I've a simple problem but i don't know where to find the solution.

I've duplicated and translated oxwall in my own language but when i try to change user role in moderation i could not click anything.. also the administrations menu' (higher right corner) does not shown options... if i change language back to english everything works. Which record i've probably corrupted during translation?

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 15 '14
Attachments:
  oxwprob.jpg (95Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 14 '14
Silvio, please follow the instructions from this tutorial: https://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting Definitely, there's some javascript error 

Send us the screenshot of the error. 

If you are not able to locate the error, please PM me your admin details, I'll take a look at the issue. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Dec 14 '14
Silvio
Silvio Dec 15 '14
Hi Ross.. problem solved.. in the translation in the moderation tool i've deleted a line with variables. Now i've rewrote everhything in the correct way. Thank you for the help
ross Team
ross Dec 15 '14
Oh, ok. great. Thanks for letting us know. 
Silvio
Silvio Dec 15 '14
ehm sorry.. it does not work just because i've noticed something strange :)

Just to reassume.. A new user sign in and is waiting for approval... i go on dashboard, click on users and i see the user profile on Oxwall... if i click on Change Role nothing happen... after i click on change role if i try to use the dropdown menu' (admin) they don't scroll down... But.. if i click on approve and then i do Change role it works....

another strange thing i've noticed (it's fresh install made 1 week ago) it's that in dashboard i've seen this user online since i've approved him... and this is not the first time i saw this event.. also yesterday i've seen 2 users waiting for approval that were online (they signed up 3 hours before i went to check) and when i approved them the "online" went away... checking last logon there was no recent login...

The Forum post is edited by Silvio Dec 15 '14
Attachments:
  error.jpg (121Kb)
ross Team
ross Dec 15 '14
Silvio, I can't reproduce none of the above on our demo and test websites. 

I need to look at your website. Please PM me your admin details and Cpanel access details. 

Silvio
Silvio Dec 16 '14

Quote from ross Silvio, I can't reproduce none of the above on our demo and test websites. 

I need to look at your website. Please PM me your admin details and Cpanel access details. 

ok.. sending now credential...
ross Team
ross Dec 16 '14
Silvio, we could not reproduce the issue when users staying online. 

see screenshots: 

as to the drop down menus not working, this is because of the Italian language and symbol " ' " in the word L'utente

In the meantime you will need to use some substitution for this word without " ' "
this symbol, this is a bug and I will pass it to our developers. 

Silvio
Silvio Dec 16 '14
ok... hard to find a translation in italian without a ' :) but i'll try something.. thanks , as always, for your fast support.

Silvio